Citi UNIX/LINUX/WINTEL System Administrator - Infrastructure Sr. Tech Analyst in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16057078
This role is for employees with very strong product knowledge and excellent understanding of team responsibility. Employee should resolve complicated problems and have accountability for assigned tasks. Employee should be able to give support to others where the Connect Direct product is in use, but tasks to be processed are complicated the way problems could cause Business issues if not fixed on time. Employee is to work with Connect direct subject for minimum of 5 years of BAU dealing with application cases.
This position has responsibility for all aspects of strategic planning, architecture and deployment of distributed Connect Direct technologies to provide secure high-availability customer oriented services to regions, CTI, Corporate, Consumer and Global Wealth Management businesses.
This position involves a mixture of Strategic management and providing technical solutions for the specification, documentation and implementation of complex consumer and corporate solutions.
The role has Technical and Solutions lead with management oversight responsibilities This also involves the provision of technical expertise who has a strong Business/Systems Analysis background and has recently progressed into Management and supporting the business by delivering new and migrations of Middleware projects, using strong analytical and business domain skills to gather requirements and manage the projects through to delivery
• Experience of managing multiple workflows in a time critical environment.
• Experience of interacting with a wide range of teams and individuals at all levels.
• Proven track record of trouble shooting and problem solving in a pressured environment.
• Familiar with customer service techniques and principles of ITIL
• Interaction with Senior Management, Project managers and customers.
• Track record for delivery.
• Team leadership/management experience.
• Track record for effective communications.
• Track record for ownership.
• Track record of delivery in a production environment.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Ourmissionis to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Excellent skills on distributed platforms (Unix, Linux and Wintel)
Excellent customer management skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
To be able to manage activities ensuring adherence to Information Security Policy, CITMP policy and corporate standards.
Educated to degree level or equivalent preferred
Any relevant discipline qualification and advantage
ITIL certification a significant advantage
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
• An ability to pick up new technologies quickly
• Spreadsheet/analytical skills
• Demonstrable reporting and presentation skills
• Demonstrable influencing skills
• Standard MS Office tools
• Strong understanding of SSL and Encryption technologies
• Good understanding of Citi standards architectures, Middleware technologies
• Excellent knowledge of major infrastructure platforms and service lines
• Excellent experience within Financial Services
• Strong understanding of technical architecture and their link with infrastructure
• The Senior Specialist lead will be expected to act as the infrastructure subject matter expert, as required, and as such must have an excellent and broad technical and exhibit tactical strategic solutions for major infrastructure platforms and projects.
• The key to this role is a hybrid candidate who has the technical knowledge to act as the SME, as well as the commercial aptitude to offer project management to the various projects that will be running concurrently.
• Senior Specialist will also be managing relationships with Solution Architect, Technical operation and Vendor Management, and must have strong communication skills.