Citi Websphere Infrastructure Tech Specialist in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16035977
Technical position requiring strong web technical background for providing 24x7 BAU production support for Consumer’s web and middleware environments. Key Responsibilities: • Provide thought leadership for Distributed & Web technical solutions for Consumer channel. • Collaborate with client managers, project managers, applications and infrastructure teams to plan and coordinate changes. • Manage the technical deliverables for projects to high quality standards. • Establish and maintain effective incident contact procedures. • When incident contact procedures do not work, act as primary escalation for problems and incidents. • Accountable for root cause analysis for Severity 1, Severity 2 and chronic recurring incidents. • Lead the virtual team. Provide recommendations to B/RSLs on team size, structure, and membership.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Ourmissionis to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Demonstrated experience supporting Web and Middleware Infrastructure products in a business critical environment
• At least 5 years of experience in enterprise level IT projects in web technologies (WebSphere, WebSphere portal, Java, Sun One Web Server/iPlanet)
• Certification in web technologies a plus
• 24x7 operational support experience
• Experience with issues facing large scale server environments Competencies
• Strong customer and quality-focus is a must.
• Sound problem resolution, judgment, decision-making and influencing skills required.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
• Excellent English communication skills both written and oral.
• Self-starter and ability to work in a team environment
• Hard working and self-motivated. Able to work effectively under pressure.
• Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities.