YMCA of Greater Houston Membership Sales Specialist II in Katy, Texas
Sells and promotes YMCA memberships, programs and services to advance the mission and strategic center goals. Serve as first contact for prospective and new members, determines their needs through interview process and offers solutions and options to meet their needs and expectations. Spends 90-100% of time in direct member promotion and sales functions.
- Works with the Member Service Director to ensure center meets or exceeds membership and corporate membership sales goals.
- Recruits prospective and new members and encourages previous members to rejoin by analyzing utilization reports, networking, outbound calling, and referrals.
- Conducts tours for potential new members using the consultative sales approach i.e. determine needs and offer solutions and options.
- Ensures that new members are properly introduced to programs and services based on the needs analysis interview.
- Partners with member services team to direct service initiatives, cross-selling opportunities, and provide high quality service to current and prospective members.
- Assists with membership sales training to ensure that the member service team utilize effective telephone skills and provide consultative tours.
- Recruits and track prospects both inside and outside of center.
- Maintains current knowledge of center program offerings and the scope of options available to members, including the membership pricing structure.
- Tracks and monitors sales goals and provides sales reports as needed.
- Participates in center and association groups and projects; may provide leadership as needed.
- Conducts prospective and new member follow-up calls within designated time periods.
- Implements membership promotions as needed.
- Accountable for the Membership Development Sales Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or other related field and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- One to three years of professional sales or retail management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with others.
- Excellent verbal, communication, presentation, negotiation and customer service skills.
- Must possess an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to demonstrate flexibility in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment.
- Excellent organization skills and time management skills.
- Highly proficient level in computer skills including MS Office and ability to learn new software quickly.
Posting ID 73401884821
Job Category Member Services/Sales