Corning Product Line Manager, RF Connectivity, Global Broadband Coaxial Connectors in Keller, Texas
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D;, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
This position is responsible for the day-to-day business management of the global Broadband coaxial connector business. Reports to the Director, Global RF Connectivity.
Strategic:Responsible for the product line’s vision, strategy and annual plan in accordance with COC RF guidance
- Define the Vision and Strategy for the Global Broadband product line IAW the overall COC RF strategy
- Prepare the annual update to the Broadband strategic plan
- Prepare a yearly product plan documenting the business environment, identifying key strategies/initiatives/objectives and executing same.
- Support the completion of the Greenbook, Blackbook and Linkages exercises.
Financial:Responsible for managing and achieving global Broadband P&L; targets
- Responsible for defining and achieving the global Broadband strategic objectives IAW the product plan
- Track and prepare for major pricing events
- Lead strategy and decisions on major RFQ Pricing events
- Define rules for routine day-to-day pricing
- Understand, scrutinize and minimize PL costs and allocations
- Responsible for achieving strategic and annual global Broadband COM objectives
Operational:Support the Broadband Product Team
- Support updates to the OCS PLM Leadership Team.
- Quarterly Broadband BT Reviews
- Monthly Broadband BT Reports IAW format
- Define and execute a cross-functional Broadband strategy
- Define and execute a cross-functional Broadband annual plan
- Define and recommend cross-functional annual plan IAW the business strategy
- Global Capacity Usage
- Increased Line Speeds, etc.
- Provide oversight for the management and resolution of significant quality issues.
- Define and Prioritize Broadband Technology Prioritization List
- Responsible for the overall process of new product development.
- Work with the customer and sales team to understand product applications and customer network architectures to identify opportunities for new product development.
- Clarify project requirements and develop financial calculations (NPV) for the new products.
- Prioritize development projects and measure development performance by tracking milestone performance, etc.
- Coordinate with the Microwave PLM to develop and submit to Development, a consolidated development priority list
- When necessary, make Broadband allocations decisions in conjunction with appropriate cross-functional groups (ex. Commercial, Manufacturing and Microwave PLM)
- Manage conflict resolution between commercial and operational groups and make key business decisions involving product line profitability, quality, product development and service.
- Perform design control function from a commercial perspective. Decide when customer notification is required and manage the PCN process in accordance with established procedures.
Business Management:Responsible for developing and managing necessary processes critical growing the Broadband business profitably. Specifically (but not limited to), pricing, forecasting, market and competitive analysis
- Pricing System – Responsible for development and management of a standardized pricing process for both RFQ and Day-to-day requirements
- Forecasting – Responsible for development and submission of monthly product forecasts (ex. S&OP;)
- Market Analysis –Coordinate with and provide market information (ex. Competitive landscape, CDP, market size) to CN Marketing as the Broadband product expert
- Competitive Analysis -Responsible as the Broadband competitive expert working with CN Sales, Marketing and Technology
Impact to Department:
- The product line manager is responsible for the overall business activities of that product line. As such, the product manager serves as a “judge” among the natural biases of the commercial, manufacturing and technical organizations. These groups often disagree on the best course of action. The role of the product manager is to resolve these disagreements in a way that optimizes the strategic and annual objectives of the business.
- Coordinating Broadband’s plan with that of other Corning stakeholders can create situations with complex decision trees. The overriding objective must always be to maximize Corning’s strategic and annual benefit.
Job Title: Product Line Manager, RF Connectivity, Global Broadband Coaxial Connectors
Reference #: 182471
Education & Experience
- BS or BA degree – Engineering, Math, Science, Computer Science, technical degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- MBA desired
- 100% fluent in English
- 5 years’ experience in Sales/Marketing, product management, RD&E;, manufacturing, or ES.
- Strong track record of success
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong financial & analytical skills are essential.
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to think creatively
- Knowledge of communication networks and their likely paths of development.
- Ability to manage conflict
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks and complete within established timelines
- Comprehensive computer skills required, including background in spreadsheet and database applications.
- Moderate travel is required
- Director, Global RF Connectivity
- Broadband Operations Managers (Americas and EMEA)
- Broadband Technology Manager (Americas and EMEA)
- Supply Chain Manager (Americas and EMEA)
- CN Sales Directors and Managers (Americas and EMEA)
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.