HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager of Surgical Oncology in Kingwood, Texas
_Kingwood Medical Center – Kingwood, Texas_
_Nurse Manager – Surgical Oncology Unit_
The most advanced hospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyard at Kingwood Medical Center. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system, Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trained at top hospitals. HCA and Kingwood Medical Center also provide the communities of Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education and outreach programs. Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending the health of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment:· 24-hour emergency room · Innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart and vascular surgery · State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis and treatment plans · Inpatient rehab* *for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries and more · Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence · Women’s Center and pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists 24/7
Kingwood Medical Center *is currently accepting applications for *_Nurse Manager – Surgical Oncology Unit_
_ _ The Surgical Oncology Unit is a 25-bed unit that provides 24 hour of acute, post-operative care services to adult and geriatric populations with a wide variety of surgical diagnoses and also serves as medical and/or telemetry overflow.
Kingwood Medical Center is currently looking for a Nurse Manager –Surgical Oncology Unit.
- A registered nurse with twenty-four hour (24) - Seven (7) day/week, responsibility for all operational aspects of their respective unit.
- The position encompasses human resource management, including recommending sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care; financial and clinical management, and the provision and development of professional leadership.
- Establishes departmental goals and objectives that ensure high quality, cost-effective patient care, while working collaboratively to integrate the goals of their department with those at Kingwood Medical Center.
- The philosophy of continuous quality improvement (CQI) is integrated by the Nursing Manager into all ongoing operations and activities of the department.
- Provide relief staffing within their unit, and apply knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
- Responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the adolescent and adult population.
_ __Qualifications:_ * Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN required * Five (5) years recent clinical experience in an acute care setting, with a minimum of 2 years Oncology/Hematology, Surgical experience * Three (3) years progressive nursing management preferred * Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state. * Current BLS from the American Heart Association * Current ACLS from the American Heart Association within 90 days of hire * Certification in Oncology preferred. Required within eighteen months of hire date.
Title: Manager of Surgical Oncology
Location: Texas-Kingwood-Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood
Requisition ID: 03198-65432