HCA, Hospital Corporation of America NICU Registered Nurse (RN) in Kingwood, Texas
_Kingwood Medical Center – Kingwood, Texas_
_Registered Nurse (RN) – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)_
The Women’s Center offers comprehensive services centered around our patient’s needs. At Kingwood Medical Center, we provide a full range of expertise from prenatal care through labor and delivery to postpartum care.
TheNeonatal Intensive Care Unitprovides intensive care to the newborn population of Kingwood Medical Center and the surrounding areas including infants transferred in from other community hospitals in order to receive a higher level of care. Intensive neonatal nursing care is provided for newborns whose health care needs cannot be met in the healthy/low risk newborn unit. The focus of neonatal nursing is the promotion of maximum health potential for the neonate and family. The needs of the family’s spiritual and cultural values are considered as well. Nursing care is individualized to meet the unique needs of each infant and their family.
OurNICUis a combined Level II and Level III nursery consisting of 24 beds providing intensive nursing care and has the capacity of providing immediate, highly skilled neonatal care which may consist of: * Mechanically ventilated patients * Continuous cardiopulmonary monitoring * TPN * Central UAC/UVC lines * PICC lines
Kingwood Medical Centeris currently looking for aRegistered Nurse(RN) – NICU.
- The registered nurse is responsible for coordinating the nursing care of assigned patients in the unit in order to provide quality patient care to patients in applicable age specific populations.
- The registered nurse applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development.
- Employee is responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the appropriate age populations.
- According to established facility policies and procedures, the registered nurse provides and supplies professional nursing care exercising independent judgment in utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate.
- The registered nurse provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient care team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending on assigned area.
_Qualifications:_ * RN licensed to practice in the state of Texas having graduated from an accredited school of nursing. * Minimum of 2-5 years’ level 2 or level 3 NICU experience * Preferred but not required Interest in transport nursing both air and ground * Current BLS, NRP, STABLE certifications (STABLE required within three months of hire)
Title: NICU Registered Nurse (RN)
Location: Texas-Kingwood-Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood
Requisition ID: 03198-69641