HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Stroke Coordinator in Kingwood, Texas
_Kingwood Medical Center – Kingwood, Texas_
The most advanced hospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyard at Kingwood Medical Center. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system, Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trained at top hospitals. HCA and Kingwood Medical Center also provide the communities of Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education and outreach programs. Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending the health of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment: * 24-hour emergency room * Innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart and vascular surgery * State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis and treatment plans * Inpatient rehab* *for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries and more * Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence * Women’s Center and pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists 24/7
Kingwood Medical Centeris currently accepting applications forStroke Coordinator.
- The responsibilities of the Stroke Program Coordinator shall include administration of program under guidance of Medical Director and TJC Core Measure Standards
- Providing guidance and input of the Stroke Program from education of all levels of staff to reporting of progress meeting TJC Core Measures
- Reviewing and presenting Stroke Data at designated Medical Staff meetings, Director meetings
- Participating in and/or guiding development of quality improvement activities that ensure continued improvement of care delivery
- Providing clinical instruction, training, and information relating to the Stroke Program to various groups such as Medical Staff, Nursing Staff, EMS Staff, and Community
- Lead, coordinate and keep minutes of all Stroke Core Measure Dept Directors Program meetings
- Participate in Stroke related conferences and teaching programs
- Performing functions within the Stroke Program as necessary to assure the Hospital’s compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies
- Provide direction in development of policies, procedures, and protocols related to the Stroke Program
- Presenting/representing the Stroke Program at appropriate hospital and community meetings
- Collaborating with physicians and nurses to ensure timely resolution of issues or updates to program
Complete 8 hours of Sullivan Group training or specific stroke related education annually #LI-GULF
Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field is desired.
- Current Texas Registered Nurse.
- Two (2) years experience, within the last five (5) years, in acute medical/surgical/neurological or Rehabilitation nursing.
- Experience is desirable in acute stroke research or other related area and interventional studies in order to develop and implement stroke awareness, prevention, risk identification, and stroke scale measurements.
- Ability to use adult education skills necessary in order to support patient and staff learning and information needs at a level normally acquired through further training in Adult Education or Nursing.
- Interpersonal and public speaking skills necessary in order to communicate effectively with multicultural patients, families, physicians, hospital staff and the public.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to develop and implement program plans and effective education techniques, and evaluate program effectiveness.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail, resolve patient care problems and identify patient needs, to nursing and physicians.
- Basic to advanced computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel and other database applications.
- Must effectively read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.
Title: Stroke Coordinator
Location: Texas-Kingwood-Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood
Requisition ID: 03198-69370