YMCA of Greater Houston Youth Development Program Manager in Kingwood, Texas
Creates a safe, nurturing and interactive learning environment within the assigned school sites and camp locations.
- Actively works within an after school operation each afternoon, using this time to develop campus relationships, improve parent engagement, evaluate staff, role model curriculum implementation, ensure proper staging of sites and improve the overall quality of our programs.
- Maintains a professional presence within our off site locations; keeps our YMCA designated space clean and organized.
- Ensures quality execution of after school and camp operations at assigned locations.
- Incorporates the YMCA core values and 40 developmental assets into all program activities.
- Serves as a positive role model to the children and parents in our program.
- Actively participates in program related events, meetings and staff trainings.
- Ensure that all assigned sites are in compliance with licensing and YMCA standards.
- Monitors and evaluates program delivery within assigned sites (YPQI).
- Assists with onboarding of new site staff (leads & counselors).
- Assists with the execution of new program initiatives (STEAM, Book Clubs, Tuts, etc.).
- Maintains all required program records and compiles needed statistics.
- Supports the association on AR collections and submits all NCI billing in alignment with billing procedures.
- Monitor and approve staff time.
- Work with TDPRS regarding their assigned sites.
- Identifies concerns and works with program director to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Supports the program director with identifying site needs in relation to staffing, program supplies, snacks, equipment, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- One to three years of related experience preferred.
- Must meet Director qualifications as stated in the Minimum Standards (#744.1015) under TDPRS
- Minimum age requirement of 21.
- Completion of following training requirements: Prior to first scheduled shift: Online training for Child Abuse Prevention, Work Place Harassment & Bullying, Universal Precautions, Information Security and Awareness. Within first 30 days of employment: ASHI trainings for CPR-Pro, AED, Oxygen and First AidMinimum Standards
- Completion of YMCA program related specialty trainings Language Skills Ability to read, interpret, retain, and teach documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, and procedure/educational manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of children, parents, staff, members of the YMCA, and/or others, as well as in one-on-one situations. Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense, understanding, and sound mature judgment to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, including assisting with curriculum learning. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to be sensitive and alert to the needs, feelings, and safety of others. Ability to ensure children’s safety and maintain YMCA and state standards and guidelines at all times. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel objects, tools, and/or controls; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and taste and smell. The employee must frequently move and/or lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 100 pounds such as furniture, supplies, equipment, children, etc. Possess adequate vision and hearing to safely monitor environment and children.Ability to remain alert, continuously scan all areas of the pool with clear vision and perform strenuous physical tasks necessary for a water rescue. Ability to hear noises, distinguish distress signals and communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.
Posting ID 73387344672
Job Category Child Care-Before/After School