CB&I Scaffold Builder Journey 1 in La Porte, Texas
Title: Scaffold Builder Journey 1
Location: United States-Texas-La Porte
Builds, positions, and dismantles wooden structures, such as concrete forms, scaffolds, tunnel and sewer supports, and temporary frame shelters, according to sketches, blueprints, or company standards.
- Examines, selects and gathers materials and tools.
- Examines blue prints and specifications to determine dimensions of structure.
- Inspect base surface for obstructions.
- Loads, transports and unloads material.
- Measures boards, timbers, or plywood, using square, measuring tape, and ruler, and marks cutting lines on materials using pencil and scriber.
- Saws boards and plywood panels to required sizes.
- Uses carpentry hand tools such as hammers, levels, squares, screw drivers, adjustable wrenches, hand and power saws, drill motors and pry bars.
- Assembles scaffold containing handrails, mid rails, braces and planks, toe boards, screening, locking pins and wheels to job specifications.
- Braces forms in place with timbers, tie rods, and anchor bolts for use in building concrete piers, footings, and walls.
- Secures scaffolding to permanent structure by tying.
- Erects scaffolding for buildings and other structures and installs ladders, handrails, walkways, platforms, and gangways.
- Sets and braces anchor bolts.
- May rig materials.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities on tolls and equipment.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Performs other duties as required.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply basic mathematics and solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Work at heights without fear.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Scaffold Builder
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Travel Required: No
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2016, 10:48:48 AM
Requisition ID: 1616661