Baylor Scott & White Health Supervisor, EVS - DL; Lakeway in Lakeway, Texas
EVS Supervisor - DL
LIC: Texas Drivers License required
DEG: H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
1-3 years experience
Supervises an assigned geographic area within Scott & White for Environmental Services. Maintains daily operations and routinely supervises up to 20 EVS employees. Accountable for enforcement of state and federal regulations, EVS policies and procedures, and meeting or exceeding Scott & White and the EVS Department strategic objectives.
ADHERES TO BUDGET FOR ASSIGNED AREA AND STAFF. MAY RECOMMEND BUDGETARY CHANGES.
* Meets/reports Budget process with/to the EVS Associate Director or Regional Director of the assigned area.
* Inputs and manages their staff payroll to ensure budget is maintained.
* Requisitions supplies and equipment repair/replacement to maintain budget compliance.
* Formulates reports for Associate Director or Regional Manager of assigned area. Analyzes data, financial reports, and productivity reports. Develops action plan and recommends changes.
PROMOTES, IMPLEMENTS AND MONITORS EVS AND S&W PROGRAMS TO ENSURE PROFESSIONALISM WITHIN THE EVS DEPARTMENT.
* Reviews and works with EVS employees to enforce Scott & White and EVS policies and procedures to maintain uniform image, standards, and expectations.
* Guides and supports subordinates in their professional development. Trains and retrains employees as needed. Recommends development plans for staff to Associate Director or Regional Manager.
* Verifies job competencies and performance at least annually.
SUPERVISES DAILY OPERATIONS AND MANAGES STAFFING, CONTRACTS, PURCHASING, PAYROLL AND INVENTORY AS DELEGATED.
* Recommends hiring selections, handles the disciplinary process for the assigned area. Gains approval for hiring and termination from Assistant Director or Regional Manager.
* Monitors vendor activities to assure results are delegated. Assures ample supplies, chemicals and equipment are available for staff use by requesting needed items according to agreed upon process outlined by their assistant director or regional manager.
* Creates work schedules for staff using such instruments as Position Summaries and Days Off Rosters to assure adequate number of employees working and payroll is at or below target.
* Inspects regularly and correct subordinates work performance.
SUPERVISES AND TRAINS EMPLOYEES TO ENSURE THAT DEPARTMENT STANDARDS, STATE AND FEDERAL REGULATIONS AND JCAHO REQUIREMENTS ARE MET.
* Maintains training records, disciplinary actions, and periodically checks competencies of employees by inspecting, observing and questioning.
* Conducts regular meetings with employees to maintain open communication, share information and expectations.
* Acts as area champion of safety and infection control compliance.
* Supports consistent practices throughout their area of responsibility.
ESTABLISHES AND MAINTAINS A POSITIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE ENVIRONMENT.
* Tours regularly with Scott & White administrators in their assigned area(s).
* Responds quickly to issues, concerns, or requests and resolves them in a timely manner. Communicates the results back to person who initiated the request or concern.
* Solicits and values input from the EVS staff.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
* Understands need to assure budgetary accountability.
* Upholds the vision and mission of Scott & White and the EVS department in all interactions with EVS staff, Scott & White leadership, and vendors.
* Creates and maintains a positive work environment of open communication, teamwork and quality performance.
* Maintains a positive work environment by ensuring employee motivation through training, safety, balanced workloads, rewards and recognitions.
* Maintains a personal level of professionalism at all times.
* Requires the ability to climb and work off step stools and ladders. Must know how to inspect and use ladders in a safe and proper manner.
Job Family: Support Services