Career Systems Development - Job Corp Career Transition Coordinator in Laredo, Texas
Career Systems Development (Laredo Job Corps Center)
Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of_ “Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.”_
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life. You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Must be Flexible Rotating Schedule all hours
Responsible for coordinating the transition of each graduate and each former enrollee from Center training to employment, the military or further training, as determined appropriate
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with the Center’s Student Outcome Measurement Team in assessing trainees’ job readiness and graduate eligibility.
- Assist Students in assessing their readiness for career transition, before separating from the center.
- Coaches trainees prior to their departure from the center and provides job readiness training, to include resume preparation, interviewing skills and employability skills review, strategies for succeeding during the first weeks on the job.
- Provides graduates with pre-separation placement and job development assistance, including referrals, job leads and Internet resources
- Maintains linkages with one-stop centers, the military and institutions of higher learning
- Ensures that all trainee achievement credentials are updated and documented prior to trainees’ departure from center.
- Conducts and Coordinates classes and prepares all listed in 3.21 Career Transition Readiness of the PRH.
- Assesses and documents each graduate’s transitional needs, including housing, transportation, child care, health care, work clothing and tools, food and nutrition and budgeting
- Serves as the liaison between graduates, Career Transition Specialists/ Career Advisors.
- Ensure that all students that are assigned to the CTR Class have achieved all PRH 3.21 before separating from the center.
Minimum:Bachelor’s degree in human services, psychology, counseling education, social science, business communications or closely related field, or an Associate’s degree in human services, psychology, counseling education, social science, business communications or closely related field and Two years experience in career development, job development, counseling or related area.
Preferred:Previous Job Corps experience.
General Requirements - Working knowledge of education and vocational training programs. Ability to effectively communicate with and relate to disadvantaged youth. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Excellent organizational skills. Must possess a valid State driver’s license. Strong working knowledge of computer systems.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Bolter at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.
Job Title: Career Transition Coordinator
Date Posted: 10/21/2016
Location: Laredo, TX
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Position Id: 4828