Corrections Corporation of America Registered Nurse (PRN) in LAREDO, Texas
Title: Registered Nurse (PRN)
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Job Number: LAR0006B
CORRECTIONAL NURSING Best Kept Secret in Nursing
Professionalism.Respect.Integrity.Duty.Excellence. These words summarize the vision, mission and values of Corrections Corporation of America (CCA). Each day, PRIDE is personified by each member of the CCA family as they work to make a positive impact in the communities they serve.
rofessionalism.Respect.Integrity.Duty.Excellence. These words summarize the vision, mission and values of Corrections Corporation of America (CCA). Each day, PRIDE is personified by each member of the CCA family as they work to make a positive impact in the communities they serve.
At CCA, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. Corrections Corporation of America is currently seeking Registered Nurses (PRN) who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Registered Nurse (PRN) plans and provides comprehensive nursing care including, but not limited to, executing Licensed Independent Provider’s orders, dispensing and administering medications, and assisting Licensed Independent Provider in examinations and treatment of patients. Applies nursing and supervisory techniques required in the care, treatment and referrals of inmates/residents. Performs all technical/clinical procedures within the scope of his/her education and licensure.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
1. Apply appropriate nursing skills in the area and treatment of inmates/residents.
2. Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents; prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare examining room and equipment.
3. Examine and assess new inmates/residents with illnesses or injuries or inmates/residents who become ill or injured; refer inmates/residents to the emergency room or other appropriate healthcare facility as required by their condition.
4. Perform emergency procedures as needed and notify Licensed Independent Provider for treatment orders.
5. Assist in coordinating professional medical services provided by contract personnel and seeing that their needs are addressed.
6. Provide guidance, supervise and monitor nursing care provided by licensed vocational/practical nursing staff and non-licensed medical staff.
7. Maintain a good working relationship with facility staff, nursing staff, contract providers and outside provider agencies.
8. Utilize established corporate, facility and correctional policies and procedures in making decisions, but use sound independent judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of the position.
9. Assist Health Service Administrator with the review of medical files to determine all provided services are documented.
More about CCA
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CCA is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in the rehabilitation and re-entry market. With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CCA has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CCA facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CCA employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
Graduate from an accredited college, university or nursing program with a degree/diploma in nursing. Must possess current licensure in the state of employment. One year of professional nursing experience preferred. A valid driver's license is required. Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age. CCA is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE