Microsoft Corporation Associate Architect in Las Colinas, Texas
Are you excited about an opportunity to be part of the team at the leading edge of driving Microsoft's Private/Hybrid Cloud Service Provider deployments globally? Do you have a background in infrastructure architecture and consultative value selling including systems management, service provider or Telco operations, with a passion for delighting customers and partners and a strong desire to win market share? Do you thrive in a pre-sales / delivery environment and cross-group collaboration with teams such as field sales, services, internal business groups and external customers? Has the term Infra-Dev ever been used to describe your skills? Have you ever setup SQL Servers in High Availability modes and configured Analysis Services? If so, the Microsoft Enterprise Services Worldwide Cloud Infrastructure Center of Excellence team is the right place for you!
The Center of Excellence groups are responsible for developing highly skilled global teams that assist the Microsoft field, business groups and product groups, and partners in the early wins and adoption/implementation of strategic Microsoft growth technologies in the enterprise and service provider space. The Cloud Infrastructure CoE plays a critical pre-sales role in helping to drive the company's Hybrid Cloud agenda through service providers, accelerating sales, adoption and deployment of cloud solutions. These solutions are based on Azure Infrastructure and Identity, Azure ARM, CLI, Azure API's, PowerShell, Microsoft System Center, Azure IaaS and Virtualization technologies, Open Source, Advanced Analytics, IOT, Power BI and Hybrid Management, delivered globally by leveraging a centrally managed, highly skilled agile pool of resources with deep subject matter expertise.
The Cloud Infrastructure CoE is a key enabler for Microsoft field and partner staff. They lead and assist with the presales, design and delivery of the largest, most complex, and most strategic projects for enterprise customers across the globe. The CoE aligns very closely with the Datacenter Consulting Service Line, Enterprise Product Group Sales and Server and Tools business teams in order to drive the overall datacenter plan for Microsoft.
Cloud COE Solution Architect
This role requires exceptional Architects who possess a mix of advanced hands on architectural experience with Microsoft cloud technology and strategic business acumen, having engaged with Fortune 500, Service Providers, or SaaS ISV, customers at multiple levels.
You will apply your proven experience driving complex solution architecture and delivery, in a matrix environment, leading to successful opportunity closures. You will engage in senior level business and technology decision maker discussions related to business value, datacenter architecture, along with design and operations. You will bring your broad and deep technology knowledge to architect and deploy complex solutions mapping common customer business problems to end-to-end technology solutions. The diversity of our global customers will take advantage of your vast technical expertise including hands-on experience in several of the following: Powershell, 3rd party virtualization, storage, networking, systems management, datacenter operations and processes, development for cloud/templating, knowledge of service and hosting providers, multitenant environments, support engineering, disaster recovery and business continuance, application architecture and design, Windows platform design and implementation, System Center management, Open Source technologies and or a broad range of Azure technologies.
As a Cloud COE Solutions Architect, you will apply advanced analysis skills and experience in principles of solution design and deployment to define appropriate customer solutions. You have earned your credibility through your current and deep experience with implementation of large enterprise datacenters including facilities, infrastructure, management, support, and workloads. You will also be able to demonstrate your deep understanding of datacenter operations and general deployment for large enterprise customers, services providers and hosters as well as knowledge and practical application of solution sales methodologies and processes.
To be considered a successful candidate, you will have experience and skills which include:
• An advanced degree or equivalent work experience
• A minimum of 10 years in consulting/SI environments in the datacenter space; an exceptional command of datacenter technologies
• Proficient in English - Spanish and/or Portuguese as a second or first language highly preferred
• Field-based knowledge of competing and winning against solutions and technologies from primary cloud competitors e.g. AWS, VMware, Google, ServiceNow, , IBM, BMC
• Selling, designing and implementing Experience in open source technologies, systems management, virtualization, Azure IaaS, powershell and hybrid cloud solutions into enterprise customers, service providers, hosters and partners including project delivery and architectural oversight.
• Setting up (or using) SQL Analysis Services, PowerBI, SQL Always On and SQL Reporting services a Plus.
• Enterprise architecture, infrastructure deployment and IaaS solutions design
• Strategic thinking and leadership - ability to effectively communicate with all levels of fortune 500 customer managers and executives on both technical and business issues
• Written and verbal communication and presentation; experience speaking as a subject matter expert at industry conferences
• Organizational agility to manage expectations and guide customers through multi-year initiatives.
• Delivery of readiness training to both sales and technical audiences
• Proven ability to be results-focused, proactive, collaborative, and confident under pressure
This position may require up to approximately 60% travel.
If you find this opportunity to be compelling and can demonstrate your ability to excel as the Cloud CoE Solution Architect we are eager to explore the possibilities with you!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Consulting services