Microsoft Corporation Cloud Solution Architect in Las Colinas, Texas
This Job is eligible for the following work arrangements: TeleWork
Cloud Solution Architect - Partner (Data Platform & Analytics)
Do you want to be at the forefront of leading the growth of our business by defining the new “Mobile First, Cloud First” Microsoft? Are you passionate about technology and the company’s bold ambitions to reinvent productivity, build the intelligent cloud and create more personal computing? Do you want the opportunity to work for an amazing company where you have the freedom and empowerment to do your best work? Then join Microsoft in a highly strategic and impactful role as a Cloud Solution Architect and be a part of transforming the IT landscape.
The Cloud Solution Architect for Partners (CSA-P) drives partner capability and capacity on Azure in collaboration with our broader Azure team. The CSA for Data Platform & Analytics is a technical, partner facing role that is accountable for new practice development in both existing and recruit partners, working with them to build technical capability and capacity and partnering to deliver successful data platform and analytics designs and deployments. CSAs own the Azure technical partner engagement including: technical readiness, architectural design using an I/we/you approach, collaborating with portfolio partners on projects and/or Proofs of Concepts and unblocking through partner deployment blockers. The solutions that CSA-Ps develop with partners drive repeatable customer value and partner profitability. The ideal candidate will have experience in partner and/or customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior executives to drive cloud deployment.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
• Deep practice engagement with a named list of up to 12 partners.
• Drive through-partner deployment and utilization of Azure services by supporting partners in pre-sales technical efforts, POCs and reviewing designs/providing guidance in RFP/tender responses.
• Help partners develop their Data Platform and Analytics practices on SQL and Azure, including delivering offers to the market based on professional services, managed services and/or IP. Relevant workloads include Dashboards & data visualization, Big Data, Data Warehousing, Advanced & Predictive Analytics Data Platform Modernization, Database Migration and Internet of Things.
• Azure technical readiness plans in place for each portfolio partner (updated quarterly) for Data Platform & Analytics
• Engagement / alignment with partner portfolio technical pre-sales resources
• Contribute actively to the Azure Partner Readiness Catalog (APRC) which enables partners to more easily find Azure readiness material
• Establish deep relationships with key technical resources and executives within portfolio partners
• Deep technical ability in Data Platform & Analytics plus current on market trends and competitive insights
• Evangelize and support broad, online plus local readiness efforts to portfolio partners
• Subject matter expert on partners getting Microsoft Azure Support and Cloud Platform Competency technical requirements
• 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
• 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies (including open source), business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Significant depth of technical experience in a number of the following Azure services and technologies: Data Catalog, Data Factory, Data Lake Analytics, Data Lake Store, HDInsight, Machine Learning, PowerBI Embedded, Azure IoT Hub, Event Hubs, Stream Analytics, Notification Hubs, Stream Analytics, DocumentDB, SQL Data Warehouse, SQL Database, SQL Server Stretch Database, BizTalk Services, open source data platform technologies such as MySQL Database and Mongo DB
• Partner experience, an understanding of partner business drivers and business models plus demonstrated skill building deep technical relationships with executives and technical leads within customer or partner organizations
• Able to set and lead the technical vision while balancing business drivers and imperatives to help partners build profitable Azure/cloud businesses
• Experience managing partner technical communities is desirable
• Strong communication and collaboration abilities in addition to technical depth
• Experience in removing technology blockers in a matrix organization and so enabling the partner’s business
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
Microsoft is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Microsoft if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Microsoft will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.