Microsoft Corporation Senior Consultant - Skype/Lync in Las Colinas, Texas
Skype/Lync - Senior Consultant
Are you excited about an opportunity to drive adoption of Microsoft’s newest enterprise products? Are you a strong consultant with expertise in Unified Communications platforms and with a passion for delighting customers and partners If so, Microsoft Enterprise Services is the right place for you! Microsoft Services is looking for Consultant(s) who have a mix of advanced Microsoft technology and strategic business acumen.
The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect solutions by mapping common customer business problems to end-to-end technology solutions. The Unified Communications Voice and Mobility Consultants are key enablers for our customers. They oversee delivery of the largest, most complex, and most strategic projects for enterprise customers.
You will have prior experience with Skype for Business, Lync Exchange, Active Directory and knowledge of IP/PBX systems. You will understand how to design and execute high-touch programs leading to successful customer engagements and complex production deployments. Finally, you will have excellent communication and planning skills with the ability to present to and engage with senior level technology decision makers.
The ideal candidate must have:
• A strong understanding of Microsoft Windows client (7/8/10), Windows Server (2008R2/2012/2012R2), core networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, ability to read and understand network traffic), Office (2010/2013/2016), Microsoft’s cloud computing technologies, IIS (certificates, hosting web sites, setup, topography)
• Unified Communications (Live Meeting, LYNC, Skype for Business, VoIP, etc.)
• Deployment experience with o365 workloads
• Enthusiastic and excited about our voice and collaboration technologies
• Excellent analytical, planning and project management abilities
• Demonstrated ability to drive projects VoIP/telephony expertise including knowledge of competitive solutions (i.e. Cisco, Avaya/Nortel), working knowledge of PBX integration scenarios (ie. Skype Server deployed with the intent to handle voice communications; including the ability to make inbound and outbound PSTN voice calls via third party PBX, gateway or SIP Trunk Strong consulting background and in depth, hands on customer delivery experience with Microsoft Skype for Business with emphasis on the Enterprise Voice specific workloads
• Field consulting experience (i.e. with large global Customers / Partners) on infrastructure architecture design, developing solution guidance and leading complex consulting engagements Credibility with senior level customer architects representing the traditional voice, server infrastructure and network functional areas.
• The ideal candidate will capably address the technology challenges and opportunities affecting each technical discipline allowing him/ her to bridge the knowledge and communication gap that often exists between these technical stakeholders - advancing adoption as a result Successful candidates must have experience delivering consulting engagements, managing customer expectations, a command of the voice technologies and other components that make up the core Unified Communications product family.
• The candidate must have deep technical knowledge and also possess the communication skills and organizational agility to guide customers through multi-year initiatives.
• Where necessary, the candidate must also be able to perform the hands-on technical content development work on their own and deliver readiness training and speaking at conferences.
• The role requires an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management.
Key deliverables and associated activities include:
• Providing Customer guidance Work with customers to align technology to their business opportunities and needs in context of their communications platform strategy including Cloud based opportunities
• Develop strategies to guide customers through multi-year initiatives leveraging each Communications Server and/or Cloud S+S release to ultimately decommission the existing competitive VoIP solution/PBX Identify solution system interfaces, constraints, scope, cost, risks and value
• Document business, information, application and technology aspects of approach
• Business strategy and solutions
• Provide technical guidance to internal practice management
• Develop business and market solutions and strategies
• Support sales organization in architect-driven pre-sales initiatives Align with and support Microsoft product and strategy teams
• Successful solution deployments
• Ensure proper business value and customer/partner satisfaction
• Provide quality assurance over both sales opportunities and project delivery
• Make go/no-go decisions on technical approaches
• Engage and lead Microsoft and partner resource
• Grow and mentor others Create and champion technical community
• Develop architect talent pipeline
• Recruit and mentor consultants and architects
• Operational excellence and innovation
• Drive IP development and reuse initiatives
• Drive best practice, architectural awareness initiatives
• Must have a degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• At least 10-12 years related technology experience.
• Work experience must involve technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development, deployment, and management.
• Must have a proven record of delivering business value/consulting services for large enterprise customers
• Some business process and people management skills or related experience required.
• Candidates must have deep understanding of customer and partner business and IT environment, and have demonstrated skills architecting and deploying technology to solve business problems.
• Candidates must have industry leading depth knowledge of subject area, and have demonstrated analysis and communication skills (written and verbal) connecting technology and business problems.
• Candidates will have attended Voice Ignite (or equivalent)
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification, Cisco CCNA Voice or CCIE Voice and/or PBX vendor certifications are a BIG plus
• We are looking for experienced individuals to be located in the US to be a part of this exciting team.
**NOTE: This position will require travel to other locations throughout the Continental U.S., up to 75% as needed.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.