Microsoft Corporation Sr Escalation Engineer EEE-DEV in Las Colinas, Texas
Azure continues to lead the cloud transformation for Microsoft and is the benchmark for other services across the Company. One area where Azure is leading the transformation is through reimagined support experiences by automated solutions for frictionless support agent engagement. Azure Serviceability team works very closely with Azure core engineering teams to define, prioritize, and deliver these experiences with the goal of improving Product Satisfaction through 30% support ticket reduction and 50% improvement in first day resolution to Azure customers.
The Azure Serviceability team is looking for a highly motivated and passionate Software Engineer to deliver targeted automated solutions. You will start by working with PM and subject matter expert(s) to understand the end to end scenario typically faced by customers, followed by designing, developing, testing, and delivering a solution that will impact the core KPI of incident reduction or improve first day resolution.
The ideal candidate will be primarily a developer focused on delivering high quality code using C#, Azure, Powershell, writing scope queries with big data experience and CSS\HTML experiences that conforms to all engineering best practices. The candidate should have passion to maintain and run services that are deployed in production and constantly look for improvements. The candidate will also be required to collaborate and influence across multiple disciplines leveraging their ideas and experience. The candidate is outcome focused and willing to take on multiple roles as required to drive decisions and results. This means at times you may need to define portions of a spec, leverage analytical skills to research and measure outcomes, or drive communication with a set of stakeholders. In the end, you will own the impact of a scenario end to end and are willing to do what is necessary to get the job done.
• Design and implement automated solutions built upon technologies such as C#, Azure, JSON, PowerShell ,C#, SQL, Java script, HTML, Object oriented programing concepts, COSMOS or Big data (plus, not required).
• Maintain and enhance the quality of existing code/scenarios already in production
• Understand our data and how it can be used to detect problems customer might be running into with the service
• Collaborate across stakeholders to prioritize, define requirements, and measure outcomes
• A BS degree in Computer Science or related field of study
• 2-3 years’ experience shipping production quality software
• Prior experience developing, deploying, and maintaining Azure based websites and services
• Highly Desirable: COSMOS, Hadoop or Big Data
• Soft Skills – Go getter, proactive
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Customer service & support