Microsoft Corporation Tech Solutions Prof WWSS in Las Colinas, Texas
The Intelligent Cloud, consisting of a hybrid of public and private cloud computing for Tier-1 Mission Critical Enterprise data workloads, represents one of the most important evolutions of the IT industry and a strategic priority and focus for Microsoft. Our customers are evolving their data strategies, embracing our proven data offerings such as SQL Server 2016, and replacing entrenched Oracle infrastructure to leverage compelling capabilities such as in-memory processing and integrated analytics. Do you have what it takes to lead in this transformation? Are you excited about an opportunity to drive a key part of worldwide enterprise sales and work with our wildly successful existing products and exciting new emerging data services and their technical sales communities? Are you a strong Technical leader, interested in helping marquee customers successfully complete their journey from Oracle/DB2/Sybase/Teradata to SQL Server and the Microsoft Data Platform on the front lines with the Americas Field and Product Groups to take out the competition? If so, then the WW EPG Strategic Compete team is the place for you! This is your chance to be part of a brand-new team designed to help our customers execute on digital transformation via the Microsoft Data Platform.
The WW EPG Cloud and Enterprise (C+E) team is currently recruiting a Global Black Belt Technology Solutions Professional (TSP) with a passion for customers and technology to focus on helping marquee customers migrate from legacy systems and agreements (Oracle, DB2, Sybase, etc.) to the Microsoft Data Platform products and services. This is an Americas-focused role with a large focus on Enterprise customers in the United States, Canada, and LatAm to drive our customers’ digital transformation forward. This technical sales role will have high visibility within the Enterprise business segment and within the US and is an opportunity to drive customer-centered impact via our strategies both in the near & long term.
As a GBB Compete specialist, you will be driving the Data Platform Reference Win initiative, coaching and guiding Data Platform High Potential (HiPo) teams, developing the subject matter expertise for unblocking competitive Oracle/DB2/Sybase Compete opportunities, capturing insights, and sharing best practices in tight collaboration with Data Platform leads and the broader Microsoft field. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of the Microsoft Data Platform and one or more competitor offerings, pricing & licensing, sales strategies, and relationships with our customers to drive strong SQL Server and Microsoft Data Platform adoption in the named Data Platform Compete reference accounts. In addition, cross-group coordination is needed in order to ensure successful orchestration and execution of Data Platform migration opportunities.
• Be the senior technical sales resource for Tier-1/Mission-Critical data migrations at marquee (depth) customers in the Americas time zone.
• Be a leader within regional portions of the Microsoft C+E/Data Platform technical sales community
• Provide guidance and repeatable resources/materials for focused Tier-1/Mission-Critical Oracle migration-focused Field technical sellers.
• Foster the relationship between Sales and Engineering focused on mission critical workloads
• Identify key blockers & drive transformation in sales/migration scenarios for Microsoft Data Platform products and services broadly.
• Remove technical sales and risk perception roadblocks - including direct involvement in strategic deals.
• Ensure the post-sales success of marquee migration projects and provide strong stewardship for co-invested funds.
• Work with the broader sales force on technical escalations to accelerate deals.
• Aid in architecting solutions in complex sales/technical environments.
• Present to customers - from CIOs, to BDMs, to corporate leaders.
• Identify competitive and market trends in the Data Platform space and create re-usable industry assets for use by field TSPs and partners.
• Contribute whitepapers, blogs, and technical briefings to the greater Data Platform Community to establish yourself as a technical thought leader and advance product adoption/breadth migration success.
Requirements and Skills/Qualifications:
• Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a deep technical leadership role, preferably related to Tier-1/Mission-Critical OLTP, EDW, or Big Data scenarios.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Passion and appreciation for the unique needs of tier-1 mission critical core database workloads.
• Strong understanding of mission critical database and Microsoft Data Platform including core SQL Server knowledge on OLTP, HA/DR.
• Strong understanding of Enterprise Data Warehousing including MPP Architectures and in-memory analytics.
• Experience with one or more competitive platforms like Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Teradata.
• Strong understanding cloud computing technologies, emerging trends and related technology.
• Demonstrated ability to do things that were previously considered to be impossible.
• Strong project management skillset, particularly around complex migration projects and investment stewardship.
• Practical knowledge of building high-scale data solutions across many workloads.
• Insatiable desire to be a leader in Microsoft’s Cloud transformation.
• Unyielding passion to compete and win.
• Able to articulate pros and cons of design/architecture decisions across a wide spectrum of factors.
• Able to successfully coach and mentor a broad constituency of technical sellers, consultants, partners.
• Able to distill widely variant feedback into root cause issues and provide actionable feedback to other stakeholders.
• Moderate U.S. and occasional International travel will be needed for specific events and customer activities.
• Position is US-based, non-location specific.
• Deep engagement with the rest of the EPG C+E Leadership Team, Product Team, Marketing Team, Sales Leads, Sales Initiative Leads, and Business Architects, SMSG-Readiness and other groups is required.
• No relocation is available for this role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.