YMCA of Greater Houston Healthy Living Director in League City, Texas
The Perry Family YMCA is seeking a transformational, cause-driven leader to oversee our Healthy Living department. The Perry YMCA serves 2,400 membership units and offers over 95 group exercise classes per week. Current focus areas for growth are Personal Training, Chronic Disease Programming, Active Older Adults and Innovative Fitness programming. Our Facility houses two group ex studios, group cycling studio and Personal Training studio. The Y is seeking a dynamic, innovative, and highly motivated individual to be the cause driven health leader of our community and enhance all our wellness programs.
Major responsibilities include direct supervision of all health and wellness programs (including group exercise, individual and small group personal training, chronic disease prevention and the wellness center), informal education programs, development of group fitness programs, delivery of wellness presentations, and member engagement. The ideal candidate will be a visionary, with marketing knowledge, and the ability to bring the Membership and Wellness departments together to engage new members, better serve existing members and increase membership retention. This person will lead the efforts to retain members using Daxko Operations.
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives (see detailed list below).
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
3. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
4. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
5. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
6. Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
7. Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
8. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
9. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
10. Assists with Board and Committee meetings.
11. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in healthy living programs
1. Bachelor's degree in health, nutrition, exercise science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Three to Five years related experience in health and fitness management which includes program development, member retention and staff development. Demonstrated competencies in the areas of staff development, relationship building skills, communication skills and resource development.
3. Minimum age requirement of 21.
4. Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention; Working with Program Volunteers; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
5. Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
Posting ID 73314313168
Location League City,TX
Job Category Health & Wellness