Ally Financial HR Business Partner in Lewisville, Texas
Oct 12, 2016
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) works directly with local leaders in the business line to provide guidance and strategic support for building and maintaining talented work teams. The HRBP provides HR consultation and support to assigned client groups with direct responsibility for employee relations, talent management, compensation strategy and planning, and deployment of HR projects/initiatives. The HRBP also delivers direction and support to successfully recruit, on-board, and assimilate new hires. The HRBP must be resourceful and flexible to meet the ever-changing needs of the company.
We are looking for a self-sufficient, motivated and eager HR professional who can work independently at Ally's Consumer Operations office in Lewisville, Texas. This position will be working closely with large client groups, driving initiatives, employee relations, and maintaining strong communication with the local HR team as well as the rest of the broader HR organization.
- Be relentlessly focused on doing right -- for our customers, colleagues and communities.
- Strong commitment to delivering value to our customers both internal and external through innovation and superior service.
- Be a leader that speaks up and can exert influence to create positive change. Embrace continual improvement, creative thinking and challenge business customers and colleagues to do the same.
- Be a trusted business partner and coach for our leaders. Contribute to making client groups better through counsel and support.
- Understand our business and how what you do helps it move forward.
- Maintains confidentiality and acts with integrity.
- Drive leadership development activities for team leaders in alignment with overall corporate strategy.
- Partners to resolve issues across departmental boundaries and possess the ability to effectively manage sensitive and complex issues that impact the entire organization.
- Assists managers and employees in resolving employee relations issues; partners with employee relations, legal, and corporate security as needed.
- Identifies and investigates opportunities to integrate employee feedback into effective business practices.
- Provides career counseling and guidance to employees.
- Provides compensation guidance in alignment with Ally's pay for performance culture and supports annual compensation planning process.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition team on recruitment needs for business; manages local initiatives and recruiting efforts to achieve hiring goals.
- Works with Learning and Development to support the on-boarding of new employees and team leaders; assisting with new hire orientation.
- Compiles HR reports, audit, and ensures data integrity within the HRIS.
- Partners with management and Finance to ensure headcount and business plan alignment.
- Assists with other special projects as assigned.
- BA/ BS degree preferred or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of relevant HR experience.
- Strong communication skills: listening, verbal and written.
- Proven track record of positively influencing teams and their leaders.
- Ability to connect and engage with all teams at all levels and treat everyone as equal.
- Strong relationship management skills with experience in partnering and building credibility with leaders.
- Ability to use professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
- Willingness to actively embrace change because it happens here all the time as we are a business that is constantly evolving.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Resilient and unafraid to dive into the unknown.
- Capable of operating in the "gray" and an understanding that not every situation or person is the same.
- Resourceful and able to leverage matrix partners in order to achieve solutions to employee and business issues.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Human Resources is an integral part of Ally, supporting employees in all global functions and business lines. HR creates a work environment focused on achieving business results through strong leadership and highly skilled, motivated and accountable employees. HR partners with Ally's communication and management teams to continually drive the company's cultural initiatives, and seeks opportunities to enhance employee engagement in support of attracting and retaining top talent in the enterprise.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6314
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Texas (Lewisville)