Cobham Mission Inventory Control Specialist/Inspector in Lewisville, Texas
Cobham is seeking an Inventory Control Specialist/Inspector that will perform various functions that includes but not limited to the movement of inventory both inbound and outbound, periodic cycle counts, and process customer orders as an Inventory Controller. Execute inventory control measures to ensure the company minimizes stockholding and maximizes stock system and paperwork accuracy. This position is located in Lewisville, TX.
- Create shipping documents in accordance with sales order requirements and processed on time
- Ensure all customer requirements are accurately recorded on shipping documents
- Prioritize shipments and verify all shipments have received credit approval before shipping
- Utilizing customer and government portals, update information in those systems as required and ensure proper shipping data is input into those systems
- Process UK shipment receipts and assist with shipment planning
- Ensure that all affiliate receipts are recorded in Made2Manage in an accurate and timely manner
- Work with others daily to ensure required receipts of shipments are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Process repairs; maintain inventory issues and export requirements
- Accurately record all import/export dollars per applicable import/export procedures
- Process repairs as needed in a timely and accurate manner
- Work with all departments to maintain Chelton standards and ensure customer satisfaction
- Communicate with internal groups on all issues and or opportunities for quick resolution
- Maintain a positive attitude and be open to change
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. unassisted
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- 2 years’ experience quality Inspection experience
- Experience in creating shipping and receiving documentation.
- Experience within an ISO/AS controlled environment.
- Experience with data entry
- Prior experience with inventory control and ERP systems experience a must.
- Microsoft Office experience (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Associates degree
- Prior inventory control experience
- Demonstrated experience with Made2Manage ERP Software
- Demonstrated experience with one or both of Import / Export Compliance
- Demonstrated experience with Excel
- Continuous improvement project experience
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Communication skills both oral and written, accountability, detailed, organized and possess the ability to manage time and react to change productively and handle all other tasks as assigned
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at*_www.cobham.com/careers__ or follow us on our LinkedIn page at__www.linkedin.com/company/cobham_*
To be considered you must apply by going to*_www.cobham.com/careers_*
Job Category: Procurement
Primary Location: US-Texas-Lewisville
Organization: Cobham Antenna Systems Lewisville
Job Posting: 10-Oct-2016, 11:07:22 AM
Recruiter: Jennifer Starr
Req ID: 201790