Ally Financial Manager Product Management in Lewisville, Texas
May 5, 2016
This role will be key in managing the transformation of a business platform for the North American auto operations group through the installation of a decision engine, including management of vendor relationships through installation and implementation. Ally's ability to bring on new business will be dependent on our ability to continuously improve our product line up against the competition. Will also support the ongoing product management function and related operations with analysis and best practices in decisioning and strategy. The role will also serve as project manager and advisor for specific functions in product delivery and product life cycle initiatives.
- Work closely with front line leaders and other departments to drive continuous improvement in underwriting strategies, profitability modeling, origination process, dealer targeting, process improvement, rate and program delivery, and innovation.
- Influence analytical and data-driven research with extensive deep dives into Ally's current and recommended decisioning strategies
- Propose strategies to enhance current capabilities impacting all product life cycle stages
- Assist in managing the development and implementation of assigned projects and provide a single point of contact for those projects
- Drive innovation in all product components
- Ensure all products and promotions adhere to established governance, policy, profitability and system requirements
- BS and 6 + years or equivalent experience in financial services or related industry
- Project Management/Business Analyst Certification (or equivalent work experience) highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in facilitating project teams.
- Experience in reading &/or querying SQL, Oracle, SMSS, etc. is required
- Proven ability to deliver results in a highly complex matrix environment, including external vendors
- Skilled with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated experience & working knowledge of web-based applications desired but not required
- Able to travel overnight (25% +/-)
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Corporate Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Auto's U.S. auto finance operations provide a wide array of financial products and services to automotive dealerships and retail automotive customers in the United States. Together with Dealer Products and Services, the U.S. auto finance team has built strong dealer relationships by offering high-quality wholesale financing services, attractive volume incentives and a full array of highly competitive products like extended service contracts, dealership insurance products and more.
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5523
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Texas (Lewisville)