Ally Financial Recovery Specialist - Sr. in Lewisville, Texas
Oct 12, 2016
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Servicing is part of Ally's Dealer Financial Services business and is a leading auto finance customer service organization with a portfolio of 4 million accounts. Ally is a full spectrum auto servicing organization including value streams from customer care to remarketing, and many support areas. It is a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative working environment. Our employees are focused on consistently delivering a superior customer experience.
If you enjoy a fast paced environment where every call is an opportunity to problem-solve, then this is the right opportunity for you! You'll be helping our customers while working in a close-knit team environment. Every call is an opportunity for you to use your negotiating and relationship building skills to partner with customers and help reduce potential losses. As a Financial Services Specialist in our bankruptcy and litigation center you will be responsible for administering and servicing a portfolio of accounts throughout the lifespan of a bankruptcy. Strong customer service skills are a necessity as you will work directly with customers and attorneys involved in the bankruptcy process. In the Financial Services Specialist role, you are empowered to negotiate and use your critical thinking skills in manner that directly results in dollars lost or recovered for Ally. While change acceptance and adherence to metrics are keys to success, having fun and maintaining a positive attitude is required. Visit www.ally.com to learn more. Responsible for handling complex functions to support a challenging portfolio of customer accounts involved in a bankruptcy by responding to calls, concerns, and correspondence. Updates loan bankruptcy information with all relevant information in various proprietary computer applications. Ensures Ally interests are secured. May negotiate to recover secured and unsecured balances. Adheres to established guidelines when determining appropriate next action steps. Keeps abreast of applicable changing federal, state and local bankruptcy laws. Continually learns the functions of the department to effectively perform the job and meet the goals and objectives of the business unit. Mentors less experienced Specialists and advises staff on routine and/or technical issues. Works under minimal supervision. May be assigned cross-functional special projects. May have some additional approval authority within area of expertise.
- Resolves complex customer inquiries.
- Determines process and priorities based on the requirements of a situation.
- Anticipates obstacles and establishes next steps.
- Has good process knowledge.
- Makes autonomous decisions using independent judgment within area of expertise.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 + years of Bankruptcy and/or Foreclosure experience. Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in business or related may be used as a proxy for the experience.
- Problem solving and time management skills
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to provide routine information, answer inquiries, and refer calls
- Knowledge of Ally systems (CARS, Debt Manager, etc) preferred
- Attention to detail and professional phone etiquite
- In limited subject areas judgment is required to determine the applicability of guidelines or policies to specific situations. Some ingenuity and initiative required to collect information, coordinate activities with others, and resolve routine and/or factual problems
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6283
POSITION LEVEL: Entry Level
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Texas (Lewisville)