HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN - Emergency Department PRN in Lewisville, Texas
Work Schedule: PRN (11am to 11 pm)
The Medical Center of Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality care to our community. As aMagnet® recognized facility, we are a leader in the DFW market for quality metrics, and Nursing satisfaction performance according to the National Database of Nursing Quality Indictors.
Through our many well established professional practice councils and shared leadership model,The Medical Center of Lewisville is committed to listening to ournursing voice ; which drives outcomes and impacts practice environments using evidence-based research.
We are also proud to announce that our new 24 bed Emergency Room will be opening this October; which will includeDenton County’s only dedicated Pediatric ED.
We take/pride/in being able to support our Nurses through:
· Career enhancement reward systems
· Tuition reimbursement to advance nursing education
· Assistance with obtaining professional nursing certifications
· Professional Nursing library and relaxation room
Come join a team where Nurses say:
/ “It’s very much like family here. Everyone is friendly and gets to know one another. We take pride in the fact we have such a friendly culture while still being able to deliver exceptional care that rivals larger organizations.” /
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Registered Nurse – RN – Emergency Department provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Medical Center of Lewisville. In collaboration with patient, patient’s family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN is responsible for assessing the nursing care needs of patients, planning interventions and evaluating outcomes of care. The RN provides direct care and/or supervises nursing care of LVN’s, EMT’s, Paramedics, and non-licensed nursing staff. The RN is responsible for providing care consistent with the Nursing Department’s policies, procedures and standards of practice.
- Texas State RN license or compact license accepted
- BLS (AHA) certification
- ACLS (AHA) certification. If currently have ACLS (AHA) it must be maintained; if not, it must be obtained within 6 months of hire and then maintained.
- ENPC or PALS (AHA) and TNCC required within one year of hire.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- All employees offered after January 1, 2013 are required to have a BSN.
- All employees offered before January 1, 2013 are required to have an ADN and must be enrolled in a program to begin work toward their BSN within 6 months of hire date. They must remain in school until the BSN is acquired.
Experience: Staff RN’s not hired in a graduate nurse or intern status, must have a minimum of one year, two years preferred, recent nursing experience in area of practice in an acute care setting.
Title: Registered Nurse RN - Emergency Department PRN
Location: Texas-Lewisville-Medical Center of Lewisville - Lewisville
Requisition ID: 00950-79340