Cardinal Health Supervisor, Customer Service Management in Lewisville, Texas
Supervisor, Customer Service Management
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Customer Service
Family: Customer Service Management
What Customer Service Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Customer Service Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Customer Service function
What is expected of you and others at this level in Customer Service for functional success
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business support, technical or production staff in an assigned area
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Has in-depth knowledge of work processes and tools within own area
- Applies expertise to solve standard and non-standard problems within own area
- Makes decisions, often difficult and/or unpopular, by carefully weighing pros and cons and acting for the benefit of the work team; coaches/supports subordinates in their decision-making efforts
- Role models Cardinal Health's high ethical standards and code of conduct
- Provides direction in discussing and creating development plans
- Provides input into succession planning process for own work area
- Aligns individual goals for self and others with work area/functional goals
- Builds confidence and respect of others through a positive and energizing style
- Assists work team in the achievement of goals/ commitments; achieves own goals/commitments regardless of obstacles
- Works within budgetary/ financial objectives set by manager, applying knowledge of profit drivers to work processes within own area
- Is aware of internal/external business issues
- Identifies specific opportunities for long-term change within own work team or product/service
- Builds customer relationships, interprets customer needs and assesses their business requirements
- Leverages customer knowledge to develop alternative solutions and shares key learnings with others
- Resolves day-to-day or routine problems using defined processes
- Works/brainstorms with work team and provides suggestions for solutions that contain the appropriate level of risk; ensures work team understands and supports the focus on operational excellence
- Actively builds relationships across functions/businesses that bring value to the company, encouraging the participation and perspectives of all team members, regardless of background; mentors and empowers others to achieve success
- Effectively listens to and explains difficult issues to reach shared understanding and build alignment
Accountabilities in this role
This position directly supervises APS Center staff that are performing customer services and enrollment activities as well as reimbursement staff performing benefit investigations for pharmacy and medical benefit coverage. This position is responsible for overseeing the staffing schedule to meet the requirements as outlined by client contracts and company policy and procedures to include standard operating policies and work instructions.
Directly supervises employees in the APS Center in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems, and attend client meetings as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer Service and Customer Focus driven
- Phone Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Data Entry Skills
- Product Knowledge - Insurance, reimbursement, specialty pharmaceutical
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 0-3 years experience
- Strong leadership skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.