IDC Regional Sales & Business Development Director-Tool & Equipment MEDCO-Western Territory in Los Angeles, California
At Essendant Inc., it is our intention to be the fastest and most convenient solution for workplace essentials. To do this, we need exceptionally talented, bright, innovative and driven employees. If you would like to be part of the team that helps unlock the potential of our customer-partners and those they serve, this is your chance to be involved. Essendant Inc. is a leading national wholesale distributor of workplace essentials, with consolidated net sales of $5.3 billion. Essendant stocks a broad assortment of over 160,000 products, including technology products, traditional office products, office furniture, janitorial and breakroom supplies, industrial supplies, and automotive aftermarket tools and equipment.
MEDCO is North America’s largest combined PBE/Tool & Equipment wholesaler in the automotive aftermarket. MEDCO is one of the most progressive and respected PBE Supply, and Mechanical Tools & Equipment distributors in the U.S. today, serving both traditional Wholesalers and Mobile Tool Dealers
Comprehensive Benefits Package
At Essendant, we offer our employees a wide-range of Medical and Dental options, as well as Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts. Work/life balance is encouraged and we support that with Paid Vacations/PTO and Paid Holidays. We promote growth by assisting with Tuition Reimbursement. Our employees’ futures are important to us; therefore, we offer a 401(k) plan, Life Insurance, AD&D; and more.
The position is responsible for driving business results for the assigned region of MEDCO through goal setting, training, coaching and development of a sales team. Travels within a region making face to face sales calls with area and territory sales managers at strategic customers while enhancing sales opportunities. Builds senior level relationships with all key customers in the region and enhances sales opportunities for area and territory sales managers. Mentors/coaches/sells consultative financial selling to target accounts and direct reports within the region. Manages/executes/delivers on marketing and sales strategies, revenue/profit expectations, value of wholesale penetration and improved time management within the region. Implements and manages a high level of sales analysis vs. results within the region. Hires, trains, coaches and transitions the field sales team to a more consultative sales approach.
- Develops consultative face to face sales using financial acumen to monetize and deliver profitable sales conversions with the value of wholesale.
- Works with direct reports to target and convert sales opportunities. Maximizes sales opportunities through implantation of company initiatives and driving the growth of private brands, Develops senior level relationships with principle owners in the region, in addition to ongoing attention to base business growth across all assigned customer segments.
- Co-travels with territory and area sales managers to mentor/coach both consultative and basic selling skills that will support the above targeted growth opportunities.
- Works with Sales, Marketing, Category Management, and Customer Service to establish penetration strategies to become an approved supplier and expand market share with assigned National accounts. Effectively communicates with various teams in the organization concerning progress, obstacles, and opportunities. Within the guidelines negotiates and closes deals
- Performs sales analysis, both opportunity identification and business loss prevention, for the region to ensure ongoing awareness and communication of business objectives and status.
- Manages multiple priorities that involve key account conflict resolution for customers and MEDCO associates.
- Promotes effective communication with customers, both internally and externally to the MEDCO organization. This includes competitive information, trade show participation, threats and opportunities, key sales follow-up, and regional sales reporting for senior management.
- Ensures and facilitates cross-functional support, i.e., A/R, Marketing, Leadership team, National Accounts and Customer Care.
- Manages people, processes, budgets, performance management, compliance activities and associate development as required by the job.
- Excellent collaborative management skills and influential leadership ability.
- Strong analytical ability in order to read and interpret customer financials and sales results.
- Excellent consultative ability to meet and advise customers on strategic and financial objectives to sell/teach the financial acumen of wholesale.
- Strong ability to successfully oversee associate development.
- Intermediate computer usage, including Microsoft Suite.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in wholesale or automotive markets, prior management experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant experience
We offer an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem solving, and growth. We believe in giving back to our communities as well as others in need. We embrace diversity and believe our employees create a sustainable competitive advantage. We adhere to the high standards of Our Guiding Actions and Our Values.
WE ARE BEYOND ESSENTIAL
Requisition Number: 16-2932
Title: Regional Sales & Business Development Director-Tool & Equipment MEDCO-Western Territory
City: Los Angeles