Texas Tech University Assistant Director in Lubbock, Texas
Performs varied and complex administrative duties in the management and coordination of a large specialized project and/or program. Requires independent judgement and application of established policies and procedures. Works under general supervision with evaluation based on overall results obtained.
Primary Responsibilities: The Office of Student Conduct is responsible for the administration and management of the Code of Student Conduct at Texas Tech University. The Conduct Hearing Officer in the Office of Student Conduct is a general conduct hearing officer for the adjudication of alleged violations of the Texas Tech University Code of Student Conduct. Primary responsibilities of the Conduct Hearing Officer are as follows:
- Investigates and adjudicates cases of individual Student Conduct, including, but not limited to referrals from student complainants, faculty and/or staff members, the Texas Tech Police Department, University Student Housing, as well as student organization and academic integrity referrals.
- Assists with student organization conduct process.
- Supports other Student Conduct Officers and Investigators with the transcription of interviews and development of Investigation Reports.
- Coordinates Recreational Sports Student Conduct referrals and conducts Recreational Sports investigations.
- Designs and manages the Office of Student Conduct website.
- Develops marketing and educational materials related to the Conduct Process and Code of Student Conduct.
- Provides information and assistance to those alleged to have violated the Code of Student Conduct and those reporting allegations of the Code of Student Conduct.
- Creates individualized, educationally-based sanctions, conditions, and/or restrictions for individual students who are found responsible for violating the Code of Student Conduct.
Bachelor's degree in the area of specialization or closely related field. Three years of related administrative and technical experience. Additional job related education may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively with students, parents, staff, faculty, administration, and the overall Lubbock Community. The successful candidate must possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and knowledge of the various professional intricacies of the student conduct process. The successful candidate will be required to assist with some evening and weekend programs. This position is security-sensitive.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Assistant Director
Work Location: Lubbock
Org Level 1: Texas Tech University
Campus: Texas Tech University
Department: SSF Office of Student Conduct
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No
Required Attachments: Professional/Personal References Recommendation/Referral Resume / CV Cover Letter
Job Type: Full Time
Job Group: Other Administrative
Pay Basis: Monthly
Minimum Hire Rate: 3256.75
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Schedule Details: Monday - Friday, Occasional nights and weekends
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 9035BR