Texas Tech University Business Coordinator H93707 in Lubbock, Texas
Performs coordinative work in the business or administrative operation of a specific department or college. Responsibilities involve the coordination and supervision of the various functions and aspects of a department as well as the monitoring operational procedures. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on results obtained. May supervise staff or student assistants.
- Adheres to institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the day-to-day administrative activities for the Senior Managing Director's office.
- Maintains the Senior Managing Director's calendar.
- Answers telephone for Senior Managing Director.
- Initiates and/or types correspondence for Senior Managing Director's office.
- Drafts general correspondence and reports on behalf of the Senior Managing Director.
- Maintains contract filing system.
- Maintains contract log book lists for 2A and 2B.
- Maintains file for Senior Managing Director.
- Prepare Travel applications and Vouchers.
- Opens and processes mail as needed.
Bachelor's degree plus two (2) years related experience; OR a combination of education and/or progressively responsible related experience to equal six (6) years.
To have the ability to make rational decisions based on a set of circumstances surrounding a given situation. Must be computer literate (i.e. Excel 2007 and WordPerfect 2007) and must be able to interact positively, efficiently, and effectively with his/her peers, supervisor and agencies or vendors as needed.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Business Coordinator H93707
Work Location: Lubbock
Org Level 1: Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Campus: HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Department: Regional Administration Operations
Required Attachments: Resume / CV Cover Letter
Job Type: Full Time
Job Group: Other Administrative
Pay Basis: Hourly
Minimum Hire Rate: 14.48
Travel Required: None
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 8993BR