Texas Tech University Coordinator in Lubbock, Texas
Performs supervisory and coordinative work in the operation of a specific program or departmental project. Responsibilities involve the coordination and supervision of the various functions and aspects of a specific program as well as the monitoring of program staff and operational procedures. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on results obtained. May supervise program staff, volunteers and student assistants.
- Provide administrative support to assigned faculty including, but not limited to: maintaining calendars; coordinating meetings; handling travel arrangements, applications and vouchers; handle correspondence; ensure curriculum vitae are up-to-date and entered into Digital Measures system; assist in editing and submitting grants, abstracts and journals as needed; ensure licenses are up-to-date
- Provides administrative support to assigned mid-level practitioners including, but not limited to: coordinating meetings; processing leave requests; handling travel arrangements, applications and vouchers; completing credentialing packets for hospital appointments and ensure licenses are up-to-date.
- Serves as Administrative Assistant to the Senior Clinical Department Administrator.
- Prepare agenda, order catering and take minutes for monthly Executive Management Team meetings.
- Serves as Chairperson for Departmental Marketing and Outreach Committee. Responsible for coordinating television and newspaper/media interviews with faculty once approval from Chairman is obtained. Serves as an active member of the Business Development COPIC and People Development COPIC (Clinical Operations Performance Improvement Councils).
- Coordinates the annual SECC (State Employee Charitable Campaign) for OBGYN including: attending SECC meetings and events; scheduling luncheons for departmental faculty and staff; send reminder emails; track department donations and submit a report to Department Leadership.
- Completes/participates in all special projects as assigned.
- Prepare agenda, takes minutes for multiple institutional and executive meetings chaired by the Senior Clinical Department Administrator.
- Sort mail twice daily and maintain a Mail Stop spreadsheet.
- Provide backup support to other Administrative Support members of the OBGYN department.
- Contributes to KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) as appropriate for job functions.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: promotes, assesses, and evaluates the educational needs and requirements specific to job disciplines of your staff and self within your departmental assignment.
High school graduation plus five (5) years progressively responsible related experience; additional related education may exchange for required experience on a year for year basis.
Related office experience in an administrative position with strong computer skills. Excellent organizational and communication skills, critical thinker. Ability to understand and follow instructions. Professional dress and demeanor.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Coordinator
Work Location: Lubbock
Org Level 1: Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Campus: HSC - Lubbock
Department: Ob Gyn Pavilion Lbk
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No
Required Attachments: Professional/Personal References Recommendation/Referral Resume / CV Cover Letter
Optional Attachments: Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Job Type: Full Time
Job Group: Clerical/Secretarial
Pay Basis: Hourly
Minimum Hire Rate: 12.42
Travel Required: None
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 9024BR