Texas Tech University Nurse Manager H97506 in Lubbock, Texas
Supervises and delegates nursing care to members of the health care team. May perform care based on staffing needs. Functions within legal scope of practice and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and practice setting. Plans, organizes, directs, and evaluates patient care services. Individual(s) in this position generally assist the Assistant Director of Nurses. Provides supervision and direction to subordinate nursing staff to ensure a safe, efficient, and professional environment.
- Monitors communication of patient data using Electronic Health Record to support decision-making for delivery of optimal patientcare.
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Supports the goal of the unit by attending meetings and sharing the information with the staff in regular staff meetings.
- Develop and insure nursing standards are met.
- Approves schedules to maintain adequate nursing staff.
- Maintain documentation and records.
- Participate in the disciplinary process when indicated.
- Respond to emergencies
+Education:. Graduate from an approved accredited nursing program.
+License/Certification:. * Current license as a Registered Nurse as approved by the Texas Board of Nursing or have the ability to transfer RN license to Texas. * CPR certified. * ACLS certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire. +Experience:. At least four years related experience.
Basic knowledge of excel and word.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Nurse Manager H97506
Work Location: Lubbock
Org Level 1: Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Campus: HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Department: RMF - Ward
Optional Attachments: Recommendation/Referral Professional License/Certification Professional/Personal Reference
Job Type: Full Time
Job Group: Professionals
Pay Basis: Monthly
Minimum Hire Rate: 4800.92 (Negotiable)
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 8851BR