Texas Tech University Program Director - Revenue Cycle in Lubbock, Texas
Performs administrative duties in the management and coordination of a large specialized project and program. Performs varied and complex administrative duties requiring independent judgment and the application of established policies and procedures. May provide supervision and direction to clerical, paraprofessional or professional staff members.
- Develop and maintain detail project plans
- Manages project scope, timeline, resources, and quality
- Schedule and lead project meetings, as required
- Ensure projects are on track, communicate "out" status of projects, build contingency and mitigation plans
- Works to improve data quality processes and report design to meet diverse and changing needs for management and project reporting
- Analyze large sets of data to uncover key insights that can be leveraged strategically
- Identifies and selects specific revenue cycle topics for review as it impacts billing/revenues related to problem procedures, high volume denials, under performing collections, high risk services, or other factors
- Prepares understandable and defensible analysis of decision alternatives by utilizing spreadsheets, statements, dashboards, etc. prepared with data from multiple sources. Project manages, designs, and presents a wide variety of informational outputs and special project reports
- Participate in the development of training materials
- Write reports of recommendations and delivers formal presentations of analytical findings and suggested action steps to senior management
- Regularly participates and, when asked, facilitates meeting and presentations
- Promote teamwork and maintain a high level of satisfaction with project team members
- Develop innovative solutions to complex revenue cycle problems
- Manage a wide range of stakeholders within the revenue cycle
- Acts as Revenue Cycle Management designee
- Assume other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in the area of specialization or closely related field. Four years of related administrative and technical experience. Additional job related education may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Position Specific Qualifications:
- Minimum of two (2) years related work experience in Project Management and Revenue Cycle capacity in a professional organization
- Three (3) years demonstrated professional experience in an Analyst role
- Strong communications skills both written, verbal and presentation
- Creativity, critical thinking, and excellent problem solving skills
- Highly skilled utilizing Microsoft Office Products and applications with particular emphasis in Excel and Access Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master's Degree in related field.
- Revenue Cycle Operations Management, Consulting, and/or Project Management experience for a minimum of five (5) years
- Demonstrated participation in revenue cycle redesign efforts where key functions were reviewed for standardization and centralization.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Program Director - Revenue Cycle
Work Location: Lubbock
Org Level 1: Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Campus: HSC - Lubbock
Department: Office of Strategic Initiatives Lbk
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No
Required Attachments: Professional/Personal References Resume / CV Cover Letter
Job Type: Full Time
Job Group: Other Administrative
Pay Basis: Monthly
Minimum Hire Rate: 3693
Travel Required: None
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 9041BR