Texas Tech University Section Manager in Lubbock, Texas
Manages a section in a department that has institutional oversight. Plans, organizes and develops goals and procedures for the section. Represents the section to administrators, outside agencies and others on relevant matters. Supervises subordinate staff.
- Hold self and teammates accountable for excellent customer service in all official correspondence and communication. Participates in budgets, goals, timelines, and deadlines. Proper fiscal management.
- Complies with Texas Tech University and University Student Housing policies, procedures, and philosophies. Incorporates and understands sustainability, multiculturalism, diversity concepts, and higher education initiatives.
- Coordinates publications and communications projects. Develops strategic and public relations campaigns. Develops and supports university and departmental branding, marketing, and communications requirements.
- Must research, identify, and interpret the client's image and graphic design needs. Mus be able to prepare written, visual, and oral presentations to clients for visual communication and graphic design needs. Works with vendors and university contacts.
- Manages appearance, attendance, cooperation, timely and courteous response, and attentiveness. Business attire is required unless otherwise discussed.
- Exhibits excellent skills in writing, editing, proofreading, presentations, tours and all written and vocal projects. Reads and corrects faulty grammar, punctuation, structure, and style. Assists co-workers with the same.
- Maintains client and sample files using both electronic and traditional storage methods. Maintains marketing calendar with advertisement run dates.
- Supports and maintains a safe work environment at all times, including safe operation of equipment. Familiar with emergency procedures and reporting hazards. Must attend periodic safety training.
- Attends work with very little absenteeism. Must be punctual to work, to/from lunch break and remain on the job until the end of the work shift. Exempt position means some overtime may be necessary to complete the project.
- Participates in professional development through training, workshops, committee involvement, conference attendance, and involvement in professional associations. Some travel is required.
- Supervises all media communication including social media; student media; videography; and internal and external university media including, but not limited to, The Daily Toreador, the Lubbock Avalanche Journal, MailChimp, and JIRA.
- Maintains current knowledge and use of design trends and new or improved software and equipment. Participates in continuing education activities that enhance professional knowledge and technical skills.
- Any and all duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required plus four years supervisory experience.
Education in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media, or Advertising. Education or experience in management. Knowledge of higher education initiatives. Continuing education in communication trends for higher education. Knowledge of financial software, Microsoft Office, and graphic design programs.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Section Manager
Work Location: Lubbock
Org Level 1: Texas Tech University
Campus: Texas Tech University
Department: University Student Housing
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No
Required Attachments: Professional/Personal References Writing Sample Resume / CV Cover Letter
Optional Attachments: Portfolio
Job Type: Full Time
Job Group: Other Administrative
Pay Basis: Monthly
Minimum Hire Rate: 3693
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Schedule Details: Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Move-in weekends, special events, peak times.
Grant Funded?: Yes
Requisition ID: 9037BR