Texas Tech University Senior Editor in Lubbock, Texas
Performs complex supervisory, coordinative and management duties in the preparation and publication of printed materials for assigned area. Responsible for the production process and may include scheduling, editing, and design issues. Work is performed under general supervision in accordance with established regulations and procedures.
- Writing for a variety of communications platforms including both electronic and print.
- Website maintenance and content creation.
- Develop content for and manage academic research social media and emerging media platforms.
- General copy editing.
- Supports customer service philosophy of Texas Tech.
- Complies with Texas Tech's policies, procedures and work rules.
Bachelor's degree in related area plus three (3) years progressively responsible related experience; OR a combination of specifically related education and/or experience to equal seven (7) years.
- Knowledge of web and design software such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Final Cut Pro, Audacity, etc.
- Basic photography, videography, and graphic design skills.
- Knowledge of video and audio editing software.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Senior Editor
Work Location: Lubbock
Org Level 1: Texas Tech University
Campus: Texas Tech University
Department: VP Research
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No
Required Attachments: Professional/Personal References Resume / CV Cover Letter
Job Type: Full Time
Job Group: Clerical/Secretarial
Pay Basis: Hourly
Minimum Hire Rate: 16.89
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 8973BR