DaVita STAR Dialysis Patient Care Technician in Marshall, Texas
The STAR Program is a 9-10 week paid training
period in which you will gain the dialysis skills needed for a career at
DaVita. Upon completion, our intent is to find you a position within Marshall, TX as a Patient Care Technician (“PCT”).
Patient Care Technician in training, you will play an important role at
DaVita and in the lives of patients and their families. As part of our
professional team of clinicians, you will be responsible for measuring and
recording stats, patient observations, machine set up and other duties to
ensure the compassionate, professional delivery of outpatient dialysis
dialysis Patient Care Technicians work under the supervision of nephrology
nurses to provide safe, comfortable, and hygienic dialysis treatment for
patients. They are often the teammates who have the most
"one-on-one" time with patients in the facility.
Many PCTs get to know
the patients coming in for treatment on a personal basis and develop a good
working relationship with them. Our best PCTs also understand the
importance of teamwork and collaboration with the other members of the clinical
care team. After all, we are all in this together, working toward the
same goals: optimal clinical outcomes for our patients and a fun and fulfilling
environment for our teammates.
If you love
patient-centered health care with real relationships inside a company that
encourages fun on and off of the clock, then DaVita might be the place for you.
Some details about this
- You will be trained for 9-10 weeks with a class of newteammates at a training clinic or facility
- Hours of work may vary during the training period;however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week duringtraining
- Your training will include acombination of classroom and hands-on learning, through DaVita’saward-winning training programs
- This position may require that you will be willing tofloat to various clinics during and after your training
You must have a flexible schedule and be able to workmornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday
High school diploma or equivalent required; Minimum of4 years of PCT work experience on or before October 14, 2008 may besubstituted in lieu of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Current CPR certification required (or must be obtainedwithin 60 days of employment)
- Demonstrated completion of all applicable staterequirements in the state in which employed as a dialysis technician (AKA:patient care technician) required
- BONENT or CHT certification preferred or as required bystate regulation
- CNA, Certified Medical Assistant, or Phlebotomycertification preferred
- New teammates will be required to obtaincertification within 18 months of hire
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
DaVita will not consider permanent (green card) or temporary (non-immigrant) immigration sponsorship for Patient Care Technician positions under current United States Immigration and Nationality Laws. DaVita reserves the right to change this policy without notice.