HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Phlebotomist II in McAllen, Texas
Rio Grande Regional Hospital – McAllen, TX
Phlebotomist II- Laboratory
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH) , an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 33 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
24-hour emergency room
Level III Trauma Center
Comprehensive cardiovascular care
30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Rio Grande Regional Hospital is currently looking for a Phlebotomist II- Laboratory
· The Pathology and Clinical Lab phlebotomist has high school diploma or GED and/or graduate of an Accredited Phlebotomy Program who has the technical skills and knowledge for the proper collection of blood specimens from all ages of patients; participates in special chemistry procedures, performs bedside glucose testing; monitors incoming orders of the LIS; performs clerical duties as required and must possess basic knowledge of computer functions.
· In addition, Phlebotomist II employees will perform POC cardiac testing in the ED.
· Phlebotomist III will have all duties of Phleb I and Phleb II as well as being responsible for education; monitors the completion of initial, annual competencies and gives input on evaluations and discipline. Phlebotomist II or Phleb III will be deemed proficient in administering IM injections (limited to Flu and Tetanus vaccine only) by an appointed ED staff member.
· Has excellent hand/eye coordination so as to enter a vein with minimal trauma.
· Proficient in the performance of bedside glucose testing on all age groups.
· Basic knowledge of computers.
· Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
· Effective communication skills with all levels of personnel and patients.
· Ability and willingness to function effectively in a team environment.
· Phlebotomist II – One year phlebotomy experience is required. A graduate of a accredited phlebotomy program is preferred.
· Phlebotomist II – ASCP or NCCT certified;an uncertified phlebotomist with one year experience or a certification eligible phlebotomist (has one year from date of hire to obtain certification)
Title: Phlebotomist II
Location: Texas-McAllen-Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00372-5891