Baylor Scott & White Health Access Services Representative III PRN McKinney Job in Mckinney, Texas
The Baylor Scott & White Health Care Access Service Representative III obtains current and accurate demographics and insurance information in order to register patient, verification of insurance benefits, negotiates and collects patient financial responsibilities. Provides support on special projects, account maintenance, and reports.Our Access Service Rep III communicates effectively with management regarding trends and monitors work flow for an optimum patient experience. In addition the Access Service Rep III provides leadership, serves as a mentor to other employees and may be responsible for covering supervisory assignments as necessary. Other responsibilities include:
• Conducts patient interviews to obtain demographic and financial data for registration, insurance verification, precertification and billing.
• Verifies patient eligibility for insurance coverage and appropriate benefit levels for anticipated services and negotiates payment arrangements with patient where necessary per policy.
• Exhibits a high level of empathy with the ability to effectively communicate with patients andfamily members during traumatic events, while demonstrating exceptional customer service skills.
• Assists patients to nursing units by providing directions, personal escort, and/or medical mobility assistance (ex; wheelchairs), when applicable.
• Interacts on an ongoing basis with all areas in order to provide appropriate informationrelated to such items as: patient delays, change of schedules Intra-departmentally and Inter-departmentally
• Verifying all cash deposits are balanced, performs quality assurance checks
• Provides support on special projects, account maintenance and reports.
• Monitors daily workflows and notifies management of trends.
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette with patients, physician office and facility staff. The Customer Service Rep III will be a leader, team player, and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Location/Facility Baylor Medical Center at McKinney, Texas
For more information on the facility, please click ourLocationslink.
• Specialty/Department/Practice Access Services
• Shift/Schedule PRN, Candidates are booked for scheduling on an as needed basis by department
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH)is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States.With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations.Ourmissionis to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
• 1 year of experience required
• H.S. Diploma or GED required
As a health care system committed to improving the health of those we serve, we are asking our employees to model the same behaviors that we promote to our patients. As of January 1, 2012, Baylor Scott & White Health no longer hires individuals who use nicotine products.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.