HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Assistant - Senior Health Clinic in McKinney, Texas
Work Schedule: Full time Department: Senior Health Clinic
Assists with appointments, stocking supplies, cleaning exam rooms, clinical sample management and patient customer service.
- Requires basic understanding and ability to implement and evaluate care; requires knowledge, ability and judgment necessary to:
- Exercise judgment within the scope of job duties and within the medical plan of care for patient, and department policies and procedures.
- Collect patient data as needed, document as required and appropriate for job duties, and interface with the team members and physician on a consistent basis.
- Proactively advocate for patients and consistently educate patients/family throughout the continuum of care, as appropriate to scope of job duties.
- Utilize ability to demonstrate and apply the technical, and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively safely care for patients/family and to be an effective member of the healthcare team.
Position Qualifications: * Medical Assistant certification preferred but not required.
* High school graduate preferred but not required.
* Medical terminology and computer experience required.
* Excellent customer relations skills. * One year previous experience or some hospital or clinic medical assistant experience and medical terminology preferred.
* Must have the skills necessary to operate the office equipment required fulfilling job duties.
* Must be able to type with sufficient speed/accuracy to meet job duties.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with all patients.
* Medical assistant candidates must have strong organizational, communication, writing, listening and service skills.
* Must maintain a professional appearance and courteous manner.
Title: Medical Assistant - Senior Health Clinic
Location: Texas-McKinney-Medical Center of McKinney - McKinney
Requisition ID: 06264-77970