Wolf Creek Federal Services Security Officer in MCKINNEY, Texas
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description Of Job:
Responsible for safety and protection of students, staff, facility and property. Perform alarm and patrol duties in assigned areas to protect life and property against theft, misappropriation, vandalism, fire, flood, or similar disasters in compliance with government and management directives.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Ensure the physical security of buildings and property by checking doors, windows, lights, electrical appliances, equipment, locks, and emergency equipment. Maintain log of findings and corrective action taken.
- Assist in reception function and maintaining the visitor control area. Act as switchboard operator as required.
- Ensure proper student/visitor checkout and procedures are followed.
- Monitor and conduct Breathalyzers as directed by management.
- Assist in transporting ill or injured students as required.
- Respond to fire alarms, take necessary steps to report fires, assist in suppressing fires, and reset fire alarm equipment.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices and OSHA standards.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center, which is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Promote the development of career success standards through modeling appropriate skills, mentoring students, monitoring student skill acquisition and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding mentoring and intervention techniques.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of Center staff and students.
- Ability to develop rapport and positive working relationships with all departments.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and ability to work in a safe manner, using any required personal protective equipment (PPE) as may be required.
- Compliance with company standard operating procedures and personnel policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year related experience and/or training with an organized security department.
- Successfully pass any background check and/drug test required on the contract.
- Ability to obtain & maintain valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
- Previous experience in law enforcement.
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL) with acceptable driving record.
Primary Location: US-Texas-MCKINNEY
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: TX910107
Req ID: TX910107