Wolf Creek Federal Services Student Food Service Attendant (TEMPORARY) in MCKINNEY, Texas
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description Of Job:
Student Assistant position reports to Food Services Manager. Main duties are to perform basic food services clean-up and set-up functions, in compliance with government, corporate and management directives.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Starts-up, loads, empties, and cleans the dish washing machine. Pre-scrub all dishes, utensils, pots and pans before running them through the appropriate machine. Allows the clean dishes, utensils, pots and pans time to air dry before putting away.
- Sweeps and mops all the floors in the dining rooms, kitchen, dish room, pot & pan washing room and mop room. Sweeps floors including underneath all carts, counters, salad bars, tables, serving lines and refrigerators must be swept completely clean of debris, and mopped clean.
- Thoroughly cleans all restrooms.
- Ensures that there is an adequate supply of clean forks, spoons, knives and drinking glasses during meals.
- Clears and sanitizes all dining room tables. Wiping clean the salt and pepper shakers, and napkin holder.
- Empties all kitchen trash; carefully tying closed all garbage liners. Cleans and dries garbage cans. Relines and cleans empty garbage cans. Flattens cardboard and placed in the recycling bin. Wax-coated and food stained cardboard will be flattened and discarded.
- Models appropriate social skills in dealing with student employees and staff.
- Adheres to all safety and hygiene practices. Washes hands after all restroom breaks, and continuously whenever handling clean dishes. Wears clean proper working attire: to include safety shoes (or slip resistant leather hi-top shoes), short-sleeve shirts and full length pants. Open-toed shoes, sleeveless shirts, and shorts are not allowed in the kitchen.
- Arrives on time and completes all scheduled shifts; follows appropriate procedures in the event of illness or unforeseen emergency.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of Center staff and students.
- Ability to develop rapport and positive working relationships with all departments
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and ability to work in a safe manner, using any required personal protective equipment (PPE) as may be required.
- Compliance with company standard operating procedures and personnel policies and procedures.
- Successful completion of all Center requirements to be considered as an intern.
- Successfully pass any background check and/drug test required on the contract.
- Ability to obtain & maintain valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
Primary Location: US-Texas-MCKINNEY
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: TX910106
Req ID: TX910106