TRC Companies Construction Project Manager in Midland, Texas
Construction Project Manager -- Midland, TX
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a Construction Project Manager to join our growing Engineering, Construction and Remediation Practice in Midland, TX. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth and have a minimum 7 years experience managing construction projects involving heavy civil/mechanical work. TRC's Midland office is a vibrant, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment that provides access to a broad spectrum of professional experiences in an office that thrives on team-work.
Our Construction Project Managers:
- Work on multiple heavy civil/mechanical and remediation projects in West Texas and Eastern New Mexico, both in the field and in an office environment
- Estimate and establish budgets for construction projects
- Write proposals
- Perform project set up and active management within Project Financial Management system (Vision) utilizing correct rate tables
- Verify time and expense (labor, material, equipment, subcontracts) are allocated to projects accurately for financial reporting
- Prepare requisitions and purchase orders for materials, equipment, and field supplies; track actual expense against committed expense
- Perform project scheduling; Microsoft project experience will suffice
- Prepare for and participate in monthly project financial reviews
- Prepare and administer contracts & subcontracts
- Manage financials of construction/remediation projects
- Recognize and understand working application and production capacity of various types of heavy construction equipment
- Minimum 7 years of direct construction experience working in the field with heavy equipment and construction equipment operators and laborers
- Surveying skills including experience shooting line and grade, performing moderate layout for projects and adjusting grades where necessary
- Experience making quantity calculations; cut and fill. Experience forecasting quantity requirements and making adjusting calculations where necessary
- Expertise in Construction Cost Estimating and Scheduling
- Technical and proposal writing experience
- Proven financial management of fixed price construction projects and cost plus (time and expense) construction projects
- Expertise evaluating construction progress against costs expended
- Experience forecasting cost to complete when required
In addition to the basic qualifications the qualifications below are highly desired but not required:
- Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- 10 years direct construction experience with exposure to environmental remediation.
- Exposure to light mechanical work; primarily pumps and piping.
- Experience in environmental construction is desired inclusive of heavy civil remediation, soil blending, transportation and disposal.
- Experience with light demolition work such as tank, piping, and foundation demolition.
- Experience working in west Texas and eastern New Mexico in the oil field.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trcsolutions.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Midland, TX - MID