YMCA of Greater Houston Youth Development Director-Sports in Missouri City, Texas
The Fort Bend Family YMCA is seeking a dynamic, innovative, highly-motivated, Director to oversee our Youth Development Department. Our YMCA resides in the Missouri City portion of Fort Bend County area of Houston. During our peak times of the year, we welcome over 1,700 membership units which equates to over 3,700 members in our facility. The Fort Bend Family YMCA offers youth sports leagues, clinics, and specialty camps, youth dance, and martial arts in that generate over $225,000 in revenue and serve nearly 1,800 children each year. Our facility houses 3 basketball courts, generous outdoor field space and several studios for youth programming. We are seeking a transformational, cause-driven leader to join our dynamic team and take our Youth Development Department to the next level in order to better serve our community.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives (see detailed list below).
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
- Assists in YMCA fundraising activities and special events.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Assists with Program Committee meetings
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
YMCA Competencies (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement : Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration : Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness : Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth : Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
- One to two years related experience preferred.
- Minimum age requirements may apply; for example, minimum age of 21.
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; Working with Program Volunteers; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications. Physical Demands: Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations (depending upon the programs). Program Specific Duties Youth/Adult Sports
- Secures and schedules athletic fields and facilities.
- Organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings
- Organizes and conducts coaches training and meetings.
- Creates teams from paid and financially assisted registrations.
- Develops and distributes team practice and game schedules.
- Trains and schedules sports officials.
- Develops and distributes sports rules, guidelines and handbooks.
- Purchases and distributes team uniforms and awards.
- Coordinates and distributes team photographs.
- Organizes and hosts season parties and events.
- Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices.
- Monitors and purchases necessary sporting equipment.
- Organizes and conducts sports clinics.
- Recruits and trains all volunteers related to the program and adheres to all volunteer policies of the YMCA of Greater Houston. Specialty Camp
- Creates and schedules all camp sessions and activities.
- Monitors daily camp operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations. Parent Child/Family
- Schedules and organizes program meetings, classes and activities.
- Secures staff/volunteers, facilities, equipment and supplies for all activities.
- Monitors that all programs adhere to the YMCA health and safety standards and policies.
- Develops and distributes program calendar and newsletter.
- Organizes and coordinate monthly family activities and events.
Posting ID 75796014872
Location Missouri City,TX
Job Category Sports