Phillips 66 Process Controls Engineer in Mont Belvieu, Texas
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Controls Engineer will design, implement, document, test, and maintain Foxboro DCS based controls systems to support safe and optimum production. Lead and drive the reliability and maintenance for all control systems, safety instrumented systems and PLCs. Accountable for managing the maintenance and reliability programs to improve/enhance long-term control equipment reliability and for providing technical support to plant operations and maintenance.
Responsibilities may include:
- Leading development, implementation and maintenance of Foxboro DCS regulatory control schemes
- Providing daily point of contact support to Operations Department for process controls related issues
- Creating, maintaining, modifying, and troubleshoot Foxboro DCS graphics
- Oversee and manage DCS Alarm Management System including monitoring and reducing the number of “bad actor” alarms and working with Operations, Engineering and Environmental for alarm set point validation and verification.
- Responsible for all loop tuning on Foxboro DCS
- Functional owner of SIS and PLC systems including logic and logic solvers
- Develop and maintain a high level of technical and functional knowledge of logic solvers and field instrumentation
- Assisting Operations, Maintenance and Contract engineers in development and implementation of new SIS and PLC systems
- Provides and maintains documentation for all DCS, SIS and PLC systems including logic diagrams, logic narratives, SIL verification calculations, safety requirement specifications, and application software
- Maintaining critical instrument list, including testing requirements and documentation
- Monitors DCS, SIS and PLC system performance, including software updates and maintenance strategies
- Approving and managing changes associated with DCS, SIS and PLC systems
- Providing controls technical content for training and operating manuals detailing how controls are designed to work and how the operators interface with the controls
- Providing process control related support for turnaround, shutdown/startup activities and emergency/upset support
- Providing input into turnaround plans and support execution of turnarounds
- Overseeing deployment of patches and antivirus updates on Foxboro PCN
- Overseeing running of system backups
- Performing daily Foxboro PCN system checks
- Providing process control related support for project design, construction, checkout and commissioning
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelors Degree in engineering
- 5 or more years of experience with chemical or refining processes
- 2 or more years of experience in process controls/control systems
- 2 or more years of experience in instrumentation
- 2 or more years of DCS (Distributed Control System) experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with programmable logic controllers such as Allen Bradley, Modicon, Triconex and HIMA
- Proficient in use of SAP - PM & PS Modules
- Proficient in computer applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Pipelines and Terminals
Phillips 66 owns or leases various assets to provide strategic, timely and environmentally safe delivery of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; product, crude oil, marine and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; and a fleet of railcars.
As of Dec. 31, 2012, Phillips 66 manages approximately 18,000 miles of crude oil, raw NGL, natural gas and petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States, including those partially owned or operated by affiliates. In addition, the company owns or operates 39 finished-product terminals, five LPG terminals, 10 crude oil terminals and one petroleum coke exporting facility.
Phillips 66 also owns a 25 percent interest in the Rockies Express (REX) natural gas pipeline. REX runs 1,679 miles from Meeker, Colo., to Clarington, Ohio.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence.Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 27, 2016 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 31821
Location: United States - Texas - Mont Belvieu
Job Field: Engineering