HCA, Hospital Corporation of America CVOR Certified Scrub Tech in N Richland Hills, Texas
North Hills Hospital is looking for a Certified Scrub Tech for CVOR
Work Schedule: Fulltime Days with rotating weekends
Department: Open Heart
The CVOR Tech performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist.
- Previous Open Heart experience strongly preferred.
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Title: CVOR Certified Scrub Tech
Location: Texas-N Richland Hills-North Hills Hospital - North Richland Hills
Requisition ID: 00444-84050