HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Manager Emergency Services in N Richland Hills, Texas
In accordance with nursing standards, JCAHO, Medicare, and all other applicable federal, state, and local guidelines and regulations, theManager of Emergency Services has the responsibility to plan, organize by setting goals and objectives, and direct all unit activities by assuming responsibility for the nursing care given on a designated patient care unit. In addition, the Manager evaluates the effectiveness of the staff and unit performance and coordinates the unit activities with other departments. Accountability for the specific operational and personnel activities is assumed.
The North Hills Hospital staff member can expect to care for adult patients, including the older adult through geriatric, and pediatric patients from newborn through adolescence.
· Delivers direct patient care according to established standards.
· Ensures that patient care is documented.
· Effectively communicates information to staff through unit meetings.
· Maintains effective working relationship with Senior Director to assist in the smooth functioning of the unit.
· Communicates potential or actual unit problems, seeks and accepts responsibility and accountability for own performance.
· Selects and uses in a timely manner the appropriate chain of command and communication channels to clarify any questions.
· Demonstrates participation in activities such as professional organizations, continuing education, formal education, research, writing for publications, or community involvement.
· Supports the continued professional growth and development of unit staff.
· Communicates information related to in-service, continuing education, or other events and facilitates staff attendance whenever possible.
· Identifies education needs of staff and facilitates their resolution.
· Manages departmental operational activities to promote efficient and effective utilization of human and other resources.
· Collaborates with the senior director to address problems and identify action plans.
· Ensures that staff members are promptly informed of policy/procedure changes along with any other issues that might affect their work routine.
· Ensures that procedure/policy changes are communicated timely and effectively.
· Ensures that all new employees attend hospital orientation and completes department orientation before assuming work assignments.
· Takes appropriate and timely action in disciplinary situations; documents actions taken and the rationale for the decision.
· Demonstrates knowledge of and ensures department compliance with environment of care/infection control standards (Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials and Waste, Emergency Preparedness, Life Safety, Medical Equipment, Utility System, Employee Health and Infection Control).
· Performance Improvement
o Participates in PI teams to improve processes and patient care.
o Implements actions, as appropriate, recommended by PI teams and the hospital wide PI committee.
· Graduate of a school of professional nursing.
· Baccalaureate degree preferred.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
· Current TX RN license
· Compact license is accepted with Texas State RN license required within 30 days of hire
· Current CPR
· Minimum of three (3) years of acute care nursing experience
· Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a related clinical area
· Prior experience as Assistant Manager or Assistant Director
Title: Registered Nurse Manager Emergency Services
Location: Texas-N Richland Hills-North Hills Hospital - North Richland Hills
Requisition ID: 00444-84309