G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. Training Manager - Flex (Nederland, TX) in Nederland, Texas
The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Training Manager. As a Training Manager, you will provide training to the uniformed services provided at any area/branch facility, ensuring that such training meets or exceeds requirements set forth in policy, contracts, and applicable laws.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
- Conduct and/or oversee all training for security personnel reporting to the area/branch office (e.g., state licensing, contract specific, annual refresher courses)
- Determine and prepare training programs specific to local customer needs and ensure proper inclusion in Human Resources Information System (HRIS) Competency Management function and other training records
- Direct supervision of Training Specialist (if applicable)
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years of classroom instructor experience
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
- While not required, the following are a plus!
- American Heart Association Certified Instructor certification
- Previous experience providing instruction to security personnel
Physical Requirements and Environment
*Major activity: *Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing; sitting while working on a PC
*Physical efforts to carry out job duties: *Standing, walking, sitting, with minimal to no stooping or kneeling
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer*and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace*
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
Job Reference: SS45027
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: $17 - $17
Location: Nederland, Texas
G4S Region: Americas
Country: United States
G4S Business Unit: Secure Solutions
Closing Date: November 25, 2016