Dow Chemical Oyster Creek Technician (Launch Pool) in Oyster Creek, Texas
The Dow Chemical Company has exciting opportunities forProcess Technicians, located inOyster Creek, Texas. The primary purpose of this job is the safe and reliable operation of this major production facility, which includes LHC-8, LHC-9, PDH-1, Power 8, and SDO.
A successful candidate will provide the knowledge and skills required to support engineering, construction, start-up, and long-term operations in a safe and optimal manner.
• Follows Operating Discipline principles, procedures and practices to ensure safe and efficient operation of assigned plant areas.
• Uses process knowledge and skills to create, modify and improve operating discipline procedures and practices to improve plant performance.
• Operates and field checks process equipment. Monitors process conditions, equipment, and control systems.
Performs tasks assigned to operations per Master Task List (e.g. field checks, equipment preparation, samples, etc.).
• Ensures operational activities and process performance are aligned with plant and business goals.
• Uses process knowledge and skills to coach and train others on plant operations.
• Actively participates in empowered teams, Six Sigma and other plant improvement projects.
• Performs process equipment troubleshooting, minor repairs, improvements and preventive maintenance utilizing the appropriate work processes and disciplines.
• With the appropriate knowledge, skills and qualifications, candidates will be expected to perform any task that is needed to support the operation or construction of a chemical plant.
• Must demonstrate the following competencies: leadership, initiative, and the ability to learn.
• Must have strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work in an empowered team environment.
• Must have the ability to give and receive positive and constructive feedback in a respectful and professional manner.
• Must have good computer and technical skills in order to learn how to operate both manual and highly automated equipment.
• Must have the ability to understand, analyze and resolve technical problems.
• Must have the desire to learn and grow technical skills to keep current with new automation and process technology.
• Must be able to learn and have the ability to perform preventive maintenance and be able to make preliminary diagnoses, i.e. issues with pumps, motors, valves, etc.
• Must be able to work overtime as required.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends as required.
• Must ensure a safe work environment by working safely, complying with environmental, and health & safety standards.
• Must be able to handle material from drums.
• Must be able to lift/push/pull a minimum of 55 lbs.
• Must be able to stand 50% of the time.
• Must be able to work at heights, climb stairs and ladders.
• Must be able to work in tight and closed in spaces.
• Must be able to be able to wear all required personal protective equipment.
• Our safety equipment has weight restrictions. In order to qualify, you must be able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for 300 pounds or less.
• Current, valid U.S. driver’s license.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• 5 or more years of experience in manufacturing experience at Dow with demonstrated strong technical, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Certification or an Associate’s degree or higher Process Technology, Industrial Engineering, Instrumentation and/or Electrical, or Computer Technology.
• In lieu of relevant experience Dow Chemical will consider those with four (4) or more years of relevant military technical experience.
• A High School diploma or GED is requiredANDone of the following:
o An Associate's degree, with preference for a degree in Process Technology, Industrial Engineering, Instrumentation and/or Electrical, or Computer Technology.
o Four (4) or more years of military experience in a technical specialty.
o Five or more years of manufacturing experience as a Process Technician or Operator, or similar role at Dow, with demonstrated strong technical, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation if the position is offered to someone who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to and from interviews. If you consider a position that is not within the area you reside you will be responsible for all cost that incur.
Dow (NYSE: DOW)*combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2015, Dow had annual sales of nearly $49 billion and employed approximately 49,500 people worldwide. The Company's more than 6,000 product families are manufactured at 179 sites in 35 countries across the globe. On June 1, 2016, Dow became the 100 percent owner of Dow Corning Corporation’s silicones business, a global company with sales of greater than $4.5 billion in 2015, 25 manufacturing sites in 9 countries and approximately 10,000 employees worldwide. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at: www.dow.com.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company.
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings.
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment.
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world.
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Oyster Creek Technician (Launch Pool)