HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Charge Registered Nurse - Psych Unit in Pasadena, Texas
_Bayshore Medical Center – Pasadena, TX_
_Charge RN - Psych Unit_
Nestled in the heart of the historic land where Texas won its independence,Bayshore Medical Center offers comfort, convenience, excellence and expertise to our neighbors who trust their health care to us.
For nearly 50 years, we have offered patients solace and security through constant, compassionate communication during their medical emergencies, surgeries, and diagnostic procedures. As a 345-bed facility, we employ 1,500 staff and 250 physicians.
Bayshore Medical Center is currently looking for a _Charge RN - Psych Unit_.
1. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: Provides general nursing care to assigned patients.
2. Acts as a liaison between hospital staff, physician, patient, and family members.
3. Administers medication in a safe, knowledgeable and accurate manner. Follows laws, regulations, and hospital policy as it relates to controlled substances. 4. Assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care for assigned patients, including discharge planning, utilizing an interdisciplinary team approach. 5. Assists the physician with examinations, tests and procedures. 6. Carries out physician orders in a safe and appropriate manner. 7. Communicates with Manager/Director to facilitate efficient operation of the unit.
8. Completes and demonstrates proficiency with unit based clinical and age-appropriate nursing competencies. 9. Complies with applicable hospital policy/procedure.
10. Coordinates patient care activities on the unit (assignments, review orders, physician rounds, patient flow). 11. Accurately documents in the patient’s record a description of the nursing care provided.
12. Ethics and Compliance. Accountable for behaviors relative to the values articulated in the Mission & Values Statement – “Will act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.” Accountable for attending annual Code of Conduct training.
13. Identifies patient’s functional problems based on symptoms and behavior changes. 14. Identifies the cognitive functioning, the mental status and the physiological condition and needs of the patient. 15. Identifies the perceptions of the patient and/or family of his psychological problems and expectations.
16. Monitors and observes the patient and accurately records changes in condition and reaction to medications and treatment.
17. Notifies appropriate individuals of changes in condition and utilizes the established chain of command when necessary. 18. Participates in hospital performance improvement activities to improve safety and patient outcomes. 19. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
20. Plans and coordinates patient/family teaching and assesses understanding of information provided. 21. Promotes an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork by exhibiting professional behavior that demonstrates a commitment to the provision of quality patient care and support of a professional working environment.
22. Provides care and treatment that reflects appropriate infection control techniques and universal precautions. 23. Provides orientation, education, and serves as a mentor for staff members. 24. Respects the patient’s privacy and maintains confidentiality of health care and other information. 25. Respects the rights of patients to include their cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values. 26. Responsible for knowing and complying with the rules and regulations relating to the education, licensure and practice of the professional nurse as set forth in the Nurse Practice Act, Texas Occupations Code and/or other statutes and regulations relating to the practice of professional nursing.
27. Supports the vision, mission and values of the hospital.
License / Certifications / Requirements Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas is required. BLS certification required. Certification in Psychiatric Nursing preferred.
Education: Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing is required. BSN preferred. Experience:
Experience in pschiatric nursing preferred.
Title: Charge Registered Nurse - Psych Unit
Location: Texas-Pasadena-Bayshore Medical Center - Pasadena
Requisition ID: 00009-70012