HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Quality Coordinator (RN) Quality Management in Pasadena, Texas
_Bayshore Medical Center – Pasadena, TX_ /An HCA Affiliated Hospital/
_Quality Coordinator (RN) – Quality Management._
Nestled in the heart of the historic land where Texas won its independence,Bayshore Medical Center offers comfort, convenience, excellence and expertise to our neighbors who trust their health care to us.
For nearly 50 years, we have offered patients solace and security through constant, compassionate communication during their medical emergencies, surgeries, and diagnostic procedures. As a 345-bed facility, we employ 1,500 staff and 250 physicians.
Bayshore Medical Center is currently looking for a Quality Coordinator (RN) – Quality Management.
Responsibilities: * All employees will be held accountable for behaviors displayed relative to the values articulated in the Mission and Values Statement. “Will act with absolute honest, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.” * All employees will be held accountable for attending training regarding the Code of Conduct program at least annually. * Cross-trained to perform the duties of the Risk Analyst as needed. * ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Responsible for timely review and reporting of data on a quarterly basis for physician reappointment by the Credentialing Committee. * Is trained and proficient in the use of the MediTech Quality Module for reporting purposes. * Prepares all necessary documents for Medical Staff meetings, and presents information as needed. * Responsible for ensuring that all Joint Commission reporting requirements are met related to the Peer Review Process. * Responsible for quarterly analysis of performance improvement required medical record review of "operative and other procedures", including blood components, mortalities, autopsies, and other reviews deemed necessary by the Medical Staff. * Responsible for trending low impact/high volume indicators to be presented on a routine basis to Medical Staff via various meeting forums. * Reviews documentation from service providers for care given to high-risk populations.
* Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
* One to three years of previous Quality/Risk/Patient Safety work experience and/or one to three years of previous healthcare experience required.
* Combination of both considered.
* Role specific experience preferred.
* BS/BA Healthcare Related required.
* Ability to use adult education skills necessary in order to support learning and information needs at a level normally acquired through further training in Adult Education or Nursing.
* Analytical Skills necessary in order to develop and implement plans and evaluate effectiveness.
* Ability to multi-task and pay close attention to details and resolve problems.
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills, Microsoft, Word, Excel and other database applications.
* CPHQ and/or other high reliability recognized certifications (i.e. Lean Six Sigma) preferred.
Job: *Quality Risk & Safety
Title: Quality Coordinator (RN) Quality Management
Location: Texas-Pasadena-Bayshore Medical Center - Pasadena
Requisition ID: 00009-83904