HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cath Lab/Radiology Tech - Cath Lab (FT, Days) in Pearland, Texas
Position Summary: The Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Radiology Technologist is an individual who, after comprehensive training, is qualified to function as a scrub assistant or monitoring person and assists with the daily operational and business needs of the lab. Performs direct patient care within the scope of their licensure. Able to coordinate communication between all involved modalities in daily practice. Able to pre-screen patients and/or families to augment the procedural process by acquiring pertinent information. Able to recognize abnormal and/or critical screening values. Maintains safe and therapeutic environment. Educates our patients and families. Involved in performance improvement activities to ensure continuous quality improvement.
· Demonstrates proper use of diagnostic/interventional radiographic equipment.
· Applies sterile technique in radiological procedures.
· Possesses knowledge of and demonstrates proper documentation in MacLab and Meditech
· Demonstrates ability to interpret / recognize heart dysrythmias and must be ACLS/BCLS Certified.
· Adheres to Infection Control Policies.
· Demonstrates proper usage and handling of defibrillator.
· Delivers safe and effective direct patient care at all times.
· Recognizes department specific equipment and assists in the proper daily maintenance of department equipment.
· Acts as Radiation Safety Officer in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab and is knowledgeable on all policies and procedures, standards and guidelines applying to Radiation Safety.
· Pursues educational opportunities which enhance knowledge and skills in regard to position, as well as maintains certifications and validations.
_REQUIREMENTS:_· Graduate of an accreditedSchoolofProfessional Registered Radiology Technology · Registered by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT) · BCLS required · Ability to interpret cardiac rhythms is required · Previous Cardiac Cath and/or Special Procedures training is preferred · Cardiovascular specialist, RT (CV), registration is required within 2 years for full time employment
Title: Cath Lab/Radiology Tech - Cath Lab (FT, Days)
Location: Texas-Pearland-Pearland Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26516-63680