YMCA of Greater Houston Tumbling Instructor - Vic Coppinger in Pearland, Texas
Teaches a variety of classes in the Youth & Family department in a positive, safe, educational and fun environment. Positively communicates information on YMCA programs.
Principle Job Activities:
1. Instructs class lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines.
2. Assists with preparation of lesson plans and routines for classes.
3. Develops positive relationships with participants, and provides motivational
support and guidance.
4. Encourages member and parent involvement.
5. Conveys information about Youth & Family Department programs and schedules to
6. Follows all YMCA emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and
accident reports as necessary.
7. Participates in staff meetings, trainings, events, reviews and meets as scheduled.
8. Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
9. Maintains class records in an orderly and efficient manner.
10. Trains and supervises new instructors as assigned.
11. Upholds all YMCA policies, procedures, standards and code of conduct.
12. Fulfills any functions designated by the Director for the betterment of
the program and the ability of the YMCA of Greater Houston to meet its mission.
Working knowledge in at least one of the following areas: Tumbling,
Cheerleading and Dance. Willingness to learn additional areas in the Youth & Family Department. Demonstrated ability to teach the development of skills and proper techniques in area of specialty. Ability to lift equipment and to spot children. Ability to motivate and effectively communicate with members, parents and students. Exercises mature judgment and sound decision-making.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
2. At least 18 years of age.
3. Requires current CPR and First Aid certification. Also AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention trainings.
4. Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
5. Experience/expertise in an enrichment area; certification may be required.
6. Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities
7. Previous experience with diverse populations.
8. Current record of tuberculosis examination and/or current local health department regulations, examinations, and/or immunization as required by the local or State Department of Health.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with demonstrated interested in the welfare of children; prior childcare or baby-sitting experience is preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Posting ID 73332559091
Job Category Martial Arts & Gymnastics