Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, Inc. Production Team Leader-Wells Branch - (MK19213) in Pflugerville, Texas
JOB TITLE: Production Team Leader
DIVISION: Donated Goods
REPORTS TO: General Manager and Assistant Manager
COMPANY: Established in 1958 Goodwill Central Texas is a non-profit organization that has transformed thousands of lives through the power of work. We are the leader in workforce development one of the largest employers in our region and a cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through our donation-driven retail stores comprehensive business and staffing solutions and generous community support. Our ten-year vision is to transform the lives of 100000 Central Texans through work.
Work. Empower. Transform. Join the team whose work empowers people to transform their lives.
Assists the Assistant Manager to supervise processors and donation attendants and coordinate production activities to include but not limited to salvage/recycling production hanging standards receiving of donations pricing standards and warehouse maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Assist to oversee the production process for all donation functions inventory control and adherence to the agency’s production procedures. 2. Supervises and trains employees in the proper processing and pricing guidelines. 3. Work a flexible schedule in support of the store opening production and closing operations including work on weekends and holidays. 4. Fulfils the duties of all production staff (if needed) to include providing excellent customer service to donors greeting donors and safely unloading donations from vehicles completing donor receipts sorting and processing donated items into designated categories and pricing donated items. 5. Maintain production levels and quality of merchandise to the sales floor including appropriate display of donated goods. 6. Assist in completing store reports maintaining production records and other accounting duties. 7. Inform employees of store and production goals and assigns duties to ensure goals are met. 8. Maintain general appearance of store and premises according to Goodwill standards. 9. Maintain a professional appearance adhering to Goodwill uniform standards. 10. Assures compliance with all store safety and security procedures. 11. Demonstrate ethical behavior and comply with Corporate Compliance Program. 12. Adhere to work schedule set by supervisor. 13. Meet mandatory yearly training requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the development of efficient and effective methods and procedures for work simplification and material processing.
- Open and close the store as necessary.
- Perform other duties as directed and required.
- Responsible for the activities of the Donation Attendants and Merchandise Processors in absence of the General Manager and Assistant Managers.
Responsible for supervising and training all or some of the following positions: Donation Attendant Merchandise Processor Sales Associate.
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform simple math computations including percentages.
- Sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to differentiate between and classify items.
- Ability to bend and lift 35 pounds frequently.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours per 8-hour shift).
- Basic working knowledge of computer applications and the internet.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to coach and direct employees.
- Adhere to work schedule.
- Previous experience working in a retail department store environment.
- Ability to gracefully adapt to periodic and rapid change.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
$10.00/hour depending on experience and qualifications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color sex sexual orientation gender identity religion national origin disability veteran status age marital status pregnancy genetic information or other legally protected status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Requisition ID: MK19213
Job Title: Production Team Leader-Wells Branch
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Post Date: 10/13/2017